Legend passes away

They better come all out defensively or the won’t beat Virginia imo and cover the 5 yard dump offs-classic Anae stratagem

Can’t run the same race without the same horse and win. The horses are injured. Have to have another strategy. Just makes sense.

Irrelevant but that is the reason everyone believed the hype. All those great HS teams they beat joined up with blue chip, high level talent on 20 or 30 college teams that had a better shot at winning a national championship than BYU did. It’s a numbers game and a completely different level of play in college than it is in HS. Young men mature at a huge rate between the two. I remember as a young rec league player at age 9 or 10 I scored 25 or 30 a game. It didn’t get me to a HS championship game.

Winning a “HS national championship” is really great but it means nothing at the next level of big time college basketball.

Not a chance. BYU didn’t make it when Jimmer was there, no way they make it with the LP3… no way.

Jim,
the reason Jimmer never took us to the final 4 was that the other side of the equation (defense) was kicked out of school.

Brandon Davies was BYU answer for an inside presence.

most people believed BYU would have gone to at least the final eight that year, if not the final four.

I know everyone loves coach Rose, but the fact the LP3 did not meet expectations is based solely at the feet of coach Rose. Not sure what happened, but he did not get the most from the players the last several years of his coaching. just look what happened to the Haws kid the first year of Pope as an example.

the LP3 had legit offers from some of the top tier programs in college, i think they had the talent, i don’t coach Rose was the best coach for that to happen.

i think there is another reason you are so hard on these boys from LP.

Well… I’m not sure why people think I am “hard” on them. I am not at all. My comments only relate to the notion that they were a final four caliber team. My comment on that belief is “nonsense” and the fact that it was based solely on their “high school national championship” makes my point even more valid.

I gave my reasons for it and they still stand, proven by facts and experience. People can choose to accept it or continue to deny it but it doesn’t change the reality of it.

They were all really good HIGH SCHOOL players and pretty good COLLEGE PLAYERS. Two of them are playing pro basketball and one is not. NONE of them is in the NBA. Those facts sort of back up my theory about the final four or a national championship.

Lastly, the best college teams in the nation (including those from BYU in the past) are made up of players from different high schools and backgrounds that create a chemistry and winning culture. The LP3 had that IN HIGH SCHOOL! The college game is totally different as is the professional game. I have nothing more to say.

Ya, I agree with Floyd so nothing more to say :slight_smile:

Sorry I agree with you-no blue sunglasses. Life is just what it is. Enjoy what you want to enjoy but keep the correct perspective

Whose perspective? If I have a different perspective will you jump up and down, ignore me, pout or call me racist? It’s okay to agree with Jim’s perspective.

You don’t even enter the equation-I know that’s hard for your narcissistic brain to comprehend- but you had zero relevance to anything I might respond to Jim or anyone else-live with it

Must be a bad game tonight. Glad to be your grrrr backboard. Now stick to football.

LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Come on Hopper, live with it!

I was in graduate school in the fall of 1969 at BYU and just for fun I took the Baseball coaching class from Coach Tuckett. What a great experience. The class with Coach loosened me up for my graduate classes. I still remember the class. Tuckett brought a television into the class room and he analyzed the NY Mets-Baltimore Orioles World Series games as they were all played in the afternoons in those days. Coach is one of my BYU heroes like Dr. Stewart Grow in the MPA program.

1 Like