More bball news that isn't news

Love the story Tom. Too bad it didn’t work out for him to play on the baseball team, but it sounds like he won a lot more than a piddly share of the wcc title.

As for Gavenman, once again he is making an analogy that doesn’t work. Notice how he didn’t address the fact that BYU has a higher RPI and better record than the other two teams yet didn’t get any votes to be ranked in the ncaa college baseball rankings.

The reason he didn’t address that is because there is no logic or reason for it… it is simple bias. The wcc stuff is just another reflection of that bias on a local level.

As far as grasshopper’s comments about “pro” players goes, Pepperdine probably has as many prospects as any other team. Kids who have the opportunity to play professionally at some point aren’t real likely to go to Gonzaga and play before making that decision. Grasshopper always comes up with uninformed theories that never stand up to scrutiny or the burden of proof. They fall apart.

Talking about conspiracy theories, the NBA will do all they can to help the beloved Warriors extend the series tonight. I almost stopped watching the NBA earlier this week when the NBA didn’t suspend the clown Draymond Green after he clearly and deliberately split the uprights and kicked Stephen Adams in the family jewels in Game 4. Unintentional? Yeah right.

And yes, I saw the entire ESPN video montage that showed different plays where Green does occasionally flail a leg after landing. But…I’ve also seen hundreds of times Green hit the ground and didn’t kick a leg out. So to say it wasn’t intentional is a joke.

Another layer is the racial component. Does anyone believe that if Adams had kicked Green below the belt that Adams would have been suspended? Me, too. And if Adams didn’t get suspended, Al Sharpton, Obama, and other race-baiters would have thrown a fit and protested. Well, maybe that’s a stretch, but I’m trying to make a point.

1 Like

Just have to look at the number of pros from both schools and you know I’m right.
As for RPI, it’s all subjective. All BYU has to do is win games in the playoff and win the NC. Do they? Thus, your argument falls apart :slight_smile:

Your replies always help solidify my position.

It’s great!

Ummm…no :flushed: