New RB transfer

We win some, we loose some…

Looks like one of the bright stars (Tuifua) for next year is quitting because of neck issues.

Fish, do you know happens to a scholarship for a player that has to retire because of injuries?

Do they still help the athlete complete college with another type scholarship?

I hope there is, it would be a shame if the player can’t go to college because he lost his scholarship due to injuries.

don’t know

Very impressive highlights against SEC teams. He appears to be the whole package, size, speed, good hands, also a very shifty runner. I wonder why he chose to transfer away from South Carolina? Maybe he thought he should have been the featured back instead of just somebody who was part of a rotation. He also seems to have some history of injuries. He started at North Carolina and didn’t play much at all as a freshman but after going to South Carolina he got a lot of playing time when he was healthy.

I got to listen to Ty’Son on BYU-ESPN radio. He stated that he wanted a fresh start and that he was stuck in a stable of RBs at SC (Some coaches like to play a lot of guys just for the reason of injuries)

Ty’Son wants to be the go-to back and was not going to get it at SC. He wants to be in the NFL. BYU fits the ticket in so many ways. 1- BYU is on ESPN every week so he would be watched. Ty’Son thinks he will light it up at BYU. 2- BYU has a QB, Wilson, that can win a lot of games. Wilson will get him the ball and…Wilson is mobile so defenses will have to key on Wilson as well as the targets Wilson throws to, that gets the pressure off the RB. Good RBs make the 1st tackler miss. Just how many defenders will teams risk on RBs when the QB is laser beam in to a wide out or our stable of TEs. 3-BYU has a number of TEs who can block downfield, Ty’Son breaks through and he is gone. Not a Canada here.

BYU went from Hmmmm, wonder how we do this year. Wilson makes me excited but RB has me worried…to dang, We could be in every single game excitement.

I have said that I support
Sitake and think he is heading in the right direction. In 3 years I think BYU FB will be back to top 25 level. I love Indy with a pretty good team. If Pope can get bb headed in the correct direction BYU sports will be back to where they should be. If Pope can just get one 5 star recruit … like a Jackson or Parker … we will be in business and the flood gates will open!

I like to see 5 star player come to BYU. But, we have seen too many college 1 year rent a player go pro. But, yes I would take that 5 star anytime. Another problem, too many BYU player get married too early and won’t stick around.

I won’t be holding my breath on a 5 star. 1st, we have to sort out this Mr. Basketball thing that Rose put us in and trim it down to a couple and start looking for Athletes- those dudes are in high high demand. 6’6 tp 6’8 that can leap out of buildings and bang.

It will take a couple of years to sort out schollies and see what Pope recruits but until then Pope needs a transfer or two to keep BYU relevant in the WCC.

Ty’Son Williams, remember that name

Just remember that he did this against elite talent in the SEC. BYU is going to be FUN this next year. Can’t wait.

I watched some film on him. If he can stay healthy BYU is in for a treat in our rotation at RB.

Unrelated … I really like Pope’s recruit out of Eastern Utah. Quickness and speed. He is a good start to diversifying the roster. Need another power forward and a post player who is decent. Child’s might be talked back into BYU by Pope!!

1 Like

Wasn’t I saying that about Childs a month ago. Yep! So, what is your reference? Great if it is true! To the Dance for sure!

Yes it would be great as long he stays healthy during September (Aug 29th too) month. Once he gets pass this Washington game he should be fine the rest of the way.

I can see Nick Emery going to play less and less once Coach Pope find his quality players. We can only hope Yoeli stay around for another year at BYU. Do we know Yo didn’t sign an agent?

I haven’t heard a confirmation that Childs did, in fact sign with an agent. I have heard that there have been discussions both ways with Pope and
Child’s and the downside to Child’s entering the draft … poor 3 pt shooting percentage and more/better footwork needed for a solid second round/late first pick. If he stays he could improve footwork and 3 pt shooting … which is a must in the pick and pop or roll NBA.

My worry isn’t offense this coming season. It is the D. I am not sold on our DC and without Corbin and Sione we may give up 30 a game. Hopefully the D can find a stable D Line and 5 good LB’s. Secondary could be good.

I’ve heard other analysts say the DL and the OL are the keys this year in which we’re are going to be very strong. What do you hear and think?

Yes, Childs did sign.

You can still play if you sign with an agent. But everything I hear is that he is gone.

Back to football…TySon is a special player.

Childs was not invited to the NBA and the G league combines. That’s bad. He is working out with 4 teams but his stock has gone down. He may come back.

So the waiting is over, TySon is now officially a Cougar. While the kid from Rice was a straight forward done deal, there was some consternation on TySon. The wait is over and he is here.

Pope remains active in recruiting Childs. When Childs did not get invited to the draft drills, word on the street is that there is a small chance Childs could come back for his senior year. Just depends on what Childs’ agent can bring in the form of over seas offers and the kicker in my mind is Pope, who made a great career in the NBA signing on year deals. He may just sway Childs into improving his odds by staying one more year and taking us to the dance with a immerging star in Gavin Baxter.

I know this is about football and yes I am glad that our RB looking solid.

For basketball: All our eyes/ears are on Yoeli Childs. If Childs stay for his 4th year, We have a chance to get in the ncaa tournament with both Childs and Baxter playing many minutes - we have a chance to get to the dance.

Child’s coming back is in direct relation to Pope being the coach. Mika would have stayed one more year with a coaching staff who has the credibility to improve his inside game. This is a big get for Pope and BYU. It is also the right move by Child’s. Everyone wins!

It is a big win! Looking forward to new season for BYU FB & Men’s Basketball (including Women’s BB)! Go Cougars!