New RB transfer

First thing we agree on. Glad to see you using that big brain of yours :slight_smile:

We will never know if Pope had anything to do with it but I would like to think so. I personally know of NBA coaches, in unison, told Childs to stay one more year.

This marks the 1st year in a long time that ā€œfeelsā€ liike BYU can compete for 1, Wins over Utah in both sports and 2, compete for a conference championship.

How was USU better than Utah last year. I donā€™t have any love for the Utes, but they did win the PAC-12 South Division last year. So how is a G-5 USU better than a PAC-12 Division Champion?

They need to get rid of this stupid slogan ā€œChampion.ā€
USU better than u? Nope. When did they played each other? Last time they played since 2012. USU has beat u 1997 & 2010. No wonder u is scare of USU when they lost to them at SLC.

He credits his time in the Temple, his continued talks with Pope, his love for College and BYU, his wife and mother. Nothing about NBA coaches. Like I said to you, listen to Fridayā€™s BYU Sports Nation interview.

Childs said in his press conference that part of his decision was based on Coach Pope talking to him, his intensity for the game and the coaches vision for the program.

Add to the fact that he found the coaching staff in their offices late at night working on improving the BYU basketball program.

5 things Childs said:

1. Prayer innthe Temple
  2. No invite to NBA compound :slight_smile:
  3. Coach Pope and staff can help because he didnā€™t want to give up on NBA and go to Europe yet.
  4. Wife and Mother
  5. His love for BYU and the college atmosphere in which he has just one more year to enjoy

Iā€™ll take him at his wordā€¦

Be careful, donā€™t get sucked in!!

I am just reporting what he said on TVā€¦ Nothing more, Nothing less.

We all know coaches/players/fans spin things to make it look the best in their favor.

And what I posted are the points he made in the interview on TV with Sports Nation. When you start listening to those who try to silence speech you begin to lose liberty and freedom.

Sucked into what? I posted what he said on BYU Sports Nation.

hahahaha, anyone see that LI (7 footer that recommitted from BYU) signed withā€¦ā€¦.drum rollā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Oregon State.

He was a project. Next year we have a 6ā€™11ā€ guy from UVU that can play. And, I expect Pope will receive tuition other big men that can play too.

grasshopper:

I already know that most all that reads this reply will be screaming at me and never ever agree with me, but try to see the logic in what I am trying to convey:

Some people are great in academics and should excel in those academic areas.

Some people may or may not excel in academics but may have a bright future in the arts, if given a chance, or they may fall by the wayside with wasted talents if not given the chance.

Some people may or may not excel in academics, but if given the chance, may end up in the NFL making $8 million or more, but if not given the chance, the talents will likely be wasted and may be forced to live a mediocre life.

Some people may or may not be suited to the academics, but can become great plumbers, electricians framers, roofers, cement and block workers etc.

My point is, if somebody has a talent, and it is up to us to allow that talent to develop and be productive, because if we do not allow it, that talent will likely die on the vine.

Do you think that the Lord was referring to football when he was talking about talents?

To answer your question: YES, I do. because I believe ALL talent is a gift from God even atheltics.

I think itā€™s DNA transfer from one generation to another. The blessing is developing the talent for good. But, I donā€™t think God cares if you are a great football player.

No grasshopper.

I donā€™t think that the Lord is that narrow minded. I think that the Lord is referring to all things. But that is just my opinion. I really donā€™t know. Do You?

Thank you Floyd.

I think that opportunity, or a lack of opportunity, often has a great deal to do with weather a person is able, or not able to develop his/her God given talents.

I prefer being on the side that helps one develop their God given talents than on the side of keeping one from developing their God given talents.

grasshopper,

I respectfully disagree.

I believe that when God gives us a talent, he expects us to develop it to the best of our ability, weather that be in Science, the Arts, sports, all forms of academics, or plumbing, electrical, roofing, cement work, block work, framing, gardening or trash collecting. Yes, I believe that sports is in part, a piece of that whole.

Sometimes, I feel that when we see ourselves more holy than others, that perception is self defeating.