One and done again…

Before the game even started, this is what I wrote down. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in the Basketball thread.

fish

6d

“BYU is a 5 seed according to Lunardi, playing in SL City. If we get all of our wishes come true. The 2nd thing that needs to happen

BYU basketball: Cougars’ starters faltered in loss to Texas Tech. Is it time for a starting lineup change? – Deseret News

Now Hopper will argue this all day long and in the end Pope will probably not change his line ups but here is what needs to happen in our games going forward.

1 Robinson should be starting over Knell.

2 Saunders and Foos have been our best to scorers, defenders and everything in between

3 with this Ramadan fasting. Khalifa should be coming off the bench to rest Foos

4 our 5 should be
Hall Johnson/Stewart
Saunders Waterman
Johnson
Robinson Knell
Foos Khalifa

but Pope won’t change the lineups so I hope he is quick to sub in the above to avoid another TTU meltdown.

Cue the Hopper…”

so there’s been a lot of discussion about how physical this game was, and how poorly it was called. I agree with whatever everyone has posted about how one-sided it seemed calls were to begin the game. As pointed out, it seemed to me that, even though it was inadvertent, I think the call was even reviewed and they decided it was not an intentional foul. To me you had to make that a flagrant just because they came down on hall’s face. But enough of the foul calling Byu did not lose on Officiating

1 Byu lost Because we didn’t rebound. We let a much smaller team out, rebound us.

2 dance games are extremely physical and Pope starts several guys who are not physical, namely Khalifa and Knell. Normally, I like Khalifa, but the fasting and running do not coexist.

3 before the game even started, I said we could not afford to get behind and play catch-up. I thought Khalifa would play better, but it was a big mistake, not having foos in from the get-go and the same could be said for Knell versus Saunders.

Go back and reread everything I wrote before the game. Robinson should start saunders should start Foos should start.

To me all this bickering about fouls Is Foolsgold. Pope should’ve had his best defensive players out there from the get-go