Puca Nacua's legend grows

This is right after conference where the Prophet has asked to not be this way.

Scott the issue is not that you have another point of view. Never has been. We all have different points of views on various things.

What is at issue is “HOW” you express your point of view to other posters.

No, I am not saying that I great at it, but for me, I think it has more to do with my lack of English skills than trying to be argumentative.

Just some food for thought.

Scott,
The Rams offense employs a 3 WR scheme.

According to the depth chart, Cooper Kupp plays a different WR position than Nacua position.
Here is a link to the Depth Chart so you can see for yourself:

Los Angeles Rams 2023 NFL Depth Chart - ESPN

I guess the quesiton will be then, will the QB utilize Nucua as much as he has the first few games.

And so here you all are attacking me because I see things more broadly than you do. Come on. You and I have had good back and forth posts for a while.

The chart just identifies WR and not for the Slot. I guess they could run with 2 Slot Receivers but I think you are correct that the QB may be looking for Cupp until he’s injured again.
I anticipate that the coach will substitute them in and out to stay more healthy. So, Nacua’s numbers will go down.

Another classic Hopperism!

3 Likes

Another classic attack of Thawkism

We go through a similar scenario every once in awhile. It had been some time since Hopper expressed an opinion that was against a former BYU player disparaging their potential to be successful, even after proving themselves. In other words it had been awhile since Hopper stirred the pot iwth a baseless, frivolous comment.

I called him on it and the board runs through the same scenario we have run through before with the Hopper never acknowledging it even though every one else sees it clearly.

Its a funny thing but it is real and I hope everyone enjoys the entertainment aspect of it all.

2 Likes

https://x.com/profootballhof/status/1714740919004491936?s=42&t=0sRsh78FQ98an-EZ2yHD6w

Of course, that all depends on if they allow him to start or not ha ha ha ha ha ha

2 Likes

Well, he did not do all that great Sunday. The other guy did and will continue. Cupp doesn’t drop balls and Nacua did.

He stil caught four passes which is a fair number and by far his lowest of the season. With the best wide receiver in football back in the lineup I suspect Nacua will still catch 4-6 balls in an average game and sometimes more. Pretty good for a second option receiver. So he had a drop. That won’t happen often.

Yep, 2nd receiver. Though, Stafford likes him.

He’s a rookie for crying out loud.

At this point, if I were you, I would stop disparaging and be positive for everything he has done and the accolades he continues to receive as an important part of a NFL team.

But I am not you…

Per Espn, Puka has already tied the record for catches through a rookie’s first 8 games, after game 7! With Cupp in the lineup.

1 Like

I didn’t see the second half. So, what happened as the Lambs didn’t score and Nacua didn’t get much in the 2nd half?

He was by far the leading WIDE RECEIVER for the Rams. Are you still holding out with the idea that he can’t make it in the NFL?

Or are you ready to accept the fact that he IS making it in the NFL?

I’ve never said he can’t make it. My question was will his time diminish with the return of Cupp. Why was that so out of line? He’s a rookie in a pro league.
Also, there’s lots of flash in the pans that struggle their 2nd year and beyond.

I’d also point out the Rams sucked in the 2nd half. They have similar problems BYU has this year. With the Rams, they lack another receiver with blazing speed. They have one right now. If they figure this out and go get another, well… Their run game sucks as well as play calling. Sound familiar? However, this isn’t college ball. You seem to think it is.

Of note, here are the stats for Puka and for Cupp SINCE Cupp returned at full strength:
GP: 3
Targets: Cupp 28, Puka 30
Receptions: Cupp 17, Puka 19
Yards: Cupp 295, Puka 251
TDs: Cupp 1, Puka 1

I think we can say they are coexisting quite well…

On the season, Puka is currently #1 in the NFL in targets, #1 in catches, and #3 in yards.

1 Like

Are they winning? It’s not that Nacua isn’t good enough. Does playing both at the same time bring wins? I never said Nacua wasn’t good enough. I said what do the Rams do with Nacua when Cupp returns. Think like a coach for a change. Is it working? Rams need a run game. I see a trade in the near future.

Everyone knows that Hopper was wrong in his thinking that Puka would not fair well when Kupp came back. I think Hopper actually said Puka’s playing time would decrease too. Anyway we can let it go into the trash can that is filled with other non sense predictions of the Hopper over the years.