Shaylee Gonzales entering the Transfer Portal

Hmmm… I don’t know. Do you think they were probably at least a millionaire? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am not speaking in specifics. I just find it disturbing that billionaires are being created regularly at the same time people are going hungry and have no place to call home.

I guess that doesn’t bother many people.

Jim, Do some research, you will see many of the billionaires donates billions to organization that help the poor. Gates, buffet, Allen are just a few that do this.

a lot of them do it without drawing attention to themselves.

As for :

A lot of the people who are homeless are the working poor. They simply do not have the means to pay rent. Yet they go to work everyday.

Some of it may be caused by rich people decisions in business to keep wages low, but the majority of it caused by Government officials decisions on public housing issues. They want the high rent places because it brings in $$$$. Low cost housing does not do that.

As for going hungry, working in the inner city mission, there are a lot of companies and foundations that donates millions to feed the poor and to help people rise up.

My last point is simply this, a lot of people are poor, hungry and homeless because some in government want them to be there. They want them to “depend” on the government to live (Think democrat).
These same politicians do not want to help people become “self-sufficient”. That is the difference between the church and government. The focus of the church has always been people become more a
“self-sufficient” by not only helping them financially, but to train them in skills that will help them improve their lives themselves.

That is what I focus on, not who becomes rich, because in a capitalistic society, the is what suppose to happen when people succeed with their chosen paths.

Does it bother me that we have so many homeless and hungry people? Yes, that is why I have remained in the inner city mission for the church for five years instead of leaving at the normal time. I love helping people that I am assigned, break the cycle of poverty and succeed in life.

The wealth isn’t like they have a billion dollars in cash in their closets. The wealth includes the share value of their corporations as well which is driven by the middle class and their 401k’s. And, their corporate real estate in which they conduct their business. What they have for their pleasure is a lot less than you think. Look and see what they do with that and also the charities they support with the corporations. The profit margins aren’t what you may think they are. Are you reading and listening to CNN again?

:+1: nice post…I’m seeing more who want to take away from the rich and give to the poor by force.

Both of your perspectives and approaches to what is going on are too simplistic. I’m surprised you don’t recognize and understand the situations better.

I’m not going to continue trying to explain it all.

My voice is getting hoarse.

I’m surprised you don’t understand business better…

Jim, My perspective is based on growing up dirt poor, I did not have a silver spoon like some people I knew.

I had to crawl out of poverty, a family that had addiction issues, as well as verbal and emotional abusive people in my life.

Now I work with some of the poorest people in SLC to help them find ways to become self-sufficient as directed by the church and in my opinion highly inspired by the Lord.

So please do not disrespect me by saying that my view is “Simplistic” simply because I choose not to see things the way you do.

With Gonzales gone, a new door has opened.
BYU women’s basketball: Amari Whiting announces decision to play at BYU - Deseret News

Highest rated recruit in BYU history