That was really hard to watch

Jimmer had games like that too. Especially his sophomore year. Yes, give them some slack.
Rose had a good game. He runs the point well and it looks like his shot is from the corners.

One part of Emery’s game I really enjoy is his ability to take the ball to the hoop and finish around the basket. He got a couple of shots blocked las night but he typically finishes very well around the basket and is very creative in getting his shot off.

:eyes:
Probably should stick to analyzing football. 15 shots is not ball hogging from a scoring/shooting guard.
Did you also mention with 35 shots he was 56% while the rest of the team was 35%?
Emery isn’t trying to be Jimmer. Where do you get that from? Really? Why would you even say that?

We ridiculed Carlino at the point for doing too much. Rose is a point that makes few mistakes and runs the offense well. It looks like his shot is from the corner.
What some in here don’t see is how the offense motion disappears when Emery is out of the game. Rose has to put him back in before he really wants to. Emery ends up playing too many minutes and fatigues.
You are right about the consistency of the other guards. There is none. So, might as well play TJ as much as possible.
Childs plays well. I’d like to see more of Shaw. Give Mika more rest. Aytes has played well and can get minutes at the 4 with Davis out.

Grasshopper, Haws should have to earn his time on the court. He isn’t! He was gifted it. Most people were surprised at the productivity of Shaw last night. We wouldn’t have known that he could do what he did with quick rebounds and put backs… Let alone good defense. The key was Davis’s injury. Point is that with the talent this roster has, they all need to be allowed to play … Especially when the team is looking for answers. Beo is not given the time… Neither is Leifson. Personally i don’t think Leifson can handle the speed of the game, but that is my opinion but I have no problem letting the kid prove it to himself and coaches and fans by court time. Beo should be allowed on the court for meaningful minutes. You think if Beo had 30 minutes of playing time last night he would have had more than 1 assist, 6 pts, 4 rebounds with better defense than Haws? I think he would have performed way better than Haws. But the best way everybody would know about Beo is to let the kid answer those questions for himself, on the floor. Rose should allow Beo to have 40 percent of Haws’ time because obviously Rose doesn’t know that answers either. Then we all could see, wouldn’t we? Rose is afraid to do it because of the ramifications… Which get bigger as the season progresses. It is politics. What are u afraid of in that scenario?

I agree that Shaw needs to see more time. But I’m also not at practice either. Coach sees these kids competing daily against each other. So, it’s not surprising to me that as of now, Haws beats the others into submission in practice. It hasn’t translated to game play yet. So, how can that happen? By playing Haws. When the others come in, only Guinn gives us help and that’s on defense. Same thing with Aytes and Shaw. Shaw plays a bit better in games. But I’m sure at practice it’s the other way around.

You haven’t been at practice yet you think Haws beats the others in practice?

That’s why he’s starting. Same reason why Hill win the starting position over Mangum. Same reason Trump stomped on crooked Hillary :slight_smile:

We small people are not one of those three guys - Rose/Sitake/Grump :wink:

A lot of conjecture going on out there lately. Lets get some details cleaned up. Haws was the MVP in Utah all the years that Emery was not. Jackson was not the MVP until Haws graduated.

Haws may be in a slump right now but a mission will do that to you. TJ signed along with Emery as a as either a 9th grader or a Freshman and is a large part responsible for all the ESPN top 100 signees.

Get used to the LP3 being on the floor as long as they are at BYU, 6 years of playing together and knowing every move or thought going threw your teammates head will not change that lineup as long as Coach Rose, TJ, Emery and Mika are here. Emery and Mika have a year on him and it shows. Haws will figure it out and when he does we will all be saying, “wow”.

Patience. It only matters how these guys are playing at the end of the season, right?

I’m at staples right now… halftime and Sags up 12. The sags look athletic but not invincible if BYU believes in themselves. Its all about hard work and confidence…

And you didn’t even invite me :disappointed_relieved:
I could have given you a more accurate accounting of both games :nerd_face:

Haws and Emery and shooting ‘lights out’ tonight…
A combined 5-21 so far

Well, 5-22 from 3pt range. Not good. They picked up their scoring in the 2nd half, but they allowed USC to do the same.

It’s going to be a long year, but just wait till next year…

Maybe Dave Rose has been telling his players to keep on shooting or be bench. Mika 10-16 (good), Emery 5-17 3-11 3’s and Haws 6-14 1-4 3’s. All others, less than 5 attempts each. Maybe that is what DR want, hurry up play and shoot no matter how.

You mean two years from now :frowning:

Well, we lost it then in the second 10 minutes of the 1st half. We got up on them but then went cold. And started cold in the 2nd half.
What I liked from tonight is we didn’t quit. We fought and Emery and Haws got going better.
Rose tried a couple of things. Both stopped the bleeding. First, we went big with Mika, Davis and Shaw. That made a lot of things difficult for USC. Second, Rose went small towards the end and the defense got more aggressive.
Now, if our guards could shoot better from the 3 line.

I think we will be fine. Rose learned a lot tonight.

He got Haws and others playing defense with effort. Haws then scored some baskets. Emery needs to put more effort in his defense and his offense will improve too.
Mika and Davis looked good tonight against a very athletic team with size.