The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

Nice onside kick. Now if we can score

Can see the writing on the wall. Playcalling is on Houston’s side at the end. Hope we can get a turnover

Congratulations BYU you sucked it up and took the game!!!

Did you notice both teams did well moving from right to left and sucked the other way?

Well BYU toughened up and the defense showed back up. Give them credit. Nice win and hopefully we can get healthy.

Pressure in the 2nd half turned the defense around

Was it Coach KS taking over the defense in the second half?
What a nerve-racking game thank goodness for the win and yes several of our players need to get healthy before Boise game

We have a couple of weaker teams to play before Boise. Need Romney healthy.

I’m really hoping the OL gets healthy before BSU. The running game didn’t look good against Houston and that’s key for BYU to go through the season unbeaten.

I agree Burton! The OL has suffered breakdowns the last 2 weeks. They may have been a bit over hyped because you have to be able to rush for 100 yards against a Houston or you will be in trouble down the road.

Sr_Burton and Grasshopper,

I am quite sure that we were watching different games at the same place and time.

I thought this was our second-best game of the season, only behind the Navy game.

Sure, we still have a lot of mistakes that we always need to correct, otherwise, we would be ranked #1 which was are not. I like our #11 ranking. I think that our coaches and team needs a big thanks and appreciation. Go Cougs.

grasshopper,

"Can see the writing on the wall. Playcalling is on Houston’s side at the end. Hope we can get a turnover "

Are you kidding me? In the end, we had 29 unanswered points and won the game by 17,

This has been a challenge for you in many topics. Context. You should note the point of the game I make the comments. I didn’t make them at the end of the game. Carry on Brother.

Probably watching the same game. Key penalties made it difficult for both teams. In the first half BYU’s defense made the Houston qb look like a Heisman candidate. The second half was better when they started coming with 4. I felt the db’s are a little slow to react to the ball-they are positioning well, but with all the time the qb had he was pretty good at dropping the ball in.

All in all a good game with a great outcome, so we should be thrilled-but hey-we are fans and always have something to gripe about and I’m griping about being so wound up at games end I couldn’t sleep half the night​:zzz::yawning_face:

I saw that Sitake was calling the plays at the end of the game.

Houston cost themselves a possible win with many penalties. And Houston is full of poor sports…the head butt (sorry but that was NOT targeting) and Houston spitting in our DBs face as they walked off the field and that was a our DB was extending a handshake

Yep I saw that also. He just keeps having hope that his buddy Tui starts to progress into a legit DC … not going to happen.

Back to bb for a moment. Pope is obviously a great leader. He isn’t a perfect X’s and O’s coach but he learns quickly. The most impressive thing about Pope is his assistant coaches. Burgess is a mini Pope and that entire staff is excellent at teaching and instilling confidence in the young men. They are super active on social media and they attract players who want a great environment and skill building. Rose passed his prime and I was never for firing him, but I was for Holmoe having a talk with him about not renewing a contract which would have allowed Rose to retire gracefully. When you look at what a difference a coaching staff can make in all areas of a program … there is no better advertisement for AD’s infusing passion, enthusiasm and positivity into a program by making the right hire … than the Pope change! I will State that I believe BYU will get its first ever “1 and Done” under this staff! Don’t count Bradley as a one and done! If they get a 1 and done then the sky is the limit for this program.

Watched Caleb play for the first time. What a get! He is going to be a beast by year two. Haarms is just workman like, a perfect fit for BYU style but Lohner…pops.

Other guys that got my attention. Averette may be as good on D as Barcello. lighting.
Hunter Erickson looks chiseled. little mission rust. would not like to meet him in a fight.
George, so raw. so fun to watch. he is a project but could be all WCC.
Harward is the guy I Would take to a fight. And win.

Those are a few of our unknowns Pope’s team has all the looks of a blue blood, certainly a Big 12 or Big 10 team. Let the fun begin.

Agree that it wasn’t targeting. He made some contact with his shoulder as well as the side of his helmet. Hopefully that is challenged and overturned.

Agree on all points Fish!