UCF in game comments

I agree and BYU has been that way after Taysom Hill & Jamal Williams graduated.

You do realize that you didn’t play UCF; you don’t play them until 2021.

dew,

QB Hall got a concussion and had to be taken out of he game.
We are now playing with our 3rd string QB. REMEMBER A 3RD STRING QB NAMED (BRANDON DOMAN)?

I love BYU. I love the players on our team. I love our coaches.

I would love to see Sataki be our DC. I would love for our sports department to invest the money to get us a top notch P5 type successful Head coach.

I love Grimes. l’d love to see Grimes as our OLC. I would love for our sports department to hire and pay for a top notch P5 type successful OC.

I would love to keep the majority of our coaches, but allow them to coach at the position that they were greatest at coaching.

I would love to have our leadership committed to our football team funding them to be all that they could be instead of funding them to fail.

But none above will happen because we lack the commitment to have it happen. When we say, “Be all that you can be” We really don’t mean it but the words sound good.

Dew,

" Bama Tide belong in the NFL!!! "

Do you think that Bama is a dynasty?

Does the football program add glory to the University, alumni, and fans?

Does Nick Saben have anything to do wth the success at Bama.

Was Nick Saben a good investment?

Is NIck Saben worth the money that Bama pays him?

Is there a good return on the investment paid to Nick Saben?

Could our leadership learn anything from the model followed by Bama or any ohter team consistantly in the top 25?

texcoug

“BYU is a G-5 mid level.”

I agree with you with one slight modification.

“BYU has become a G5 mid level team and is currently in
free fall.”

The question is, (Why has BYU become only a mid level
G5 team) in freefall.

Please avoid using the Honor Code that has been far overused
for far too many years. Tell us the real reason.

Tell us why our leadership is not committed to our program.

Hall had concussion-LIKE symptoms. He is day-to-day. But, I liked what I saw from Romney. I don’t like the schemes we have in the redzone. We telegraph everything easy to defend in the redzone.

Sataki can take over the defense. But, according to one of his players in TV they practice too soft and so they aren’t prepared to hit and react fully and quickly. The 3 man front is weak.

dew/RU: Fact: The BYU leadership is not committed to paying the P-5 value for coaches. FACT: BYU cannot attract four and five star recruits in depth because of the mission and nature of the school. Most four and five star players are gladiators and very few are great students. They are committed to a NFL future if possible, not a school like BYU. FACT: BYU: Appears to want P-5 inclusion, they schedule that way as much as possible.But facts one and two above make it impossible for BYU to be included in P-5 level conferences and in recruiting. As Mark Twain once said: The definition of insanity is doing the worst thing over and over. BYU wants P-5 inclusion but it will not fund athletics at P-5 levels. It cannot recruit 4 and 5 star players in depth. FACT: BYU is a P-5 wanna-be that does not want to pay the price or change its school mission and budget for P-5 realities. That is just fine.Scheduling as many as four or more P-5 games a year for BYU is insanity. Playing rival Utah and perhaps one or two lower level P-5 teams a year, spread out over the schedule, is the best BYU can do and survive with it’s G-5 level players and less than P-5 depth of rosters. BYU may someday get into a P-5 conference, if and when present TV contracts are finished and conferences may lose or gain some more teams. But in reality, most, if not all P-5 conferences DO NOT WANT to include BYU because of our school mission. In fact the P-5 was created to keep schools out of P-5 because we “won” the 1984" national championship. Just ask Washington and Oklahoma.

The definition of insanity properly stated is: Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. And, it was Albert Einstein that the quote is attributed to.
No matter what we pay coaches, you are correct that it is still hard to get depth in the BYU football program that would have 88 4 and 5 star athletes. 4 deep at every position. But, trying to get some in here to understand this and the reasons is insanity because they simply keep saying the same wrong things over and over and thinking something different will become true :slight_smile:

Grasshopper, I agree finally with something you have to say here.

I probably will not agree to the answer you give to the following questions,

1. Why do you think that Alabama has more 4-5 star players than they can use at one time, leaving many on the benches hoping to get played?

2. Why do you think that a single 5 star player may only be found on a BYU roster once in a decade and not more than 1-2 four star players per season?

Could it possible be that great players want to be a part of great teams and they do not want to be a part of a losing team or non significant team. (Don’t blame the Honor Code Here). The Honor Code excuse has far too long been an over used cliche.

What could BYU do to be a winning team once again, like in the 1980’s and early 1990’s, and be thought of as a significant proud team, that filled the stadium at home and traveled very well?

Where has the pride gone? Where has the significance gone?
Where has the leadership gone?

It is strange how you can give such an intelligent comparison, and put such an uneducated interpretation to it.

Birds of a feather flock together. Elite players want to be with other elite players which are found on elite teams. The best way to attract elite players are to already have other elite players on the team. The best way to have the existing and the new said elite players on the team is to be an elite team. The best way to be an elite team, is to win the other most elite teams in the nation. The best way to win the other most elite teams in the nation is to have the best coaching staff in the nation. The best way to get the best coaching staff in the nation is to pay for it. If they are truly the best,(LE being the exception and one in a century), is to pay for it.

Yes texcoug.

The last time BYU played @ Alabama was when Lavel Edwards was still our HC.

What an experience that was. When there is a Bama game, all the businesses closes down for the duration of the game.

The two way traffic become one way traffic that leads to the stadium. All lanes lead to the stadium. After the game, all lanes lead away from the stadium. Only after all traffic to and from the stadium comes to a halt, can the two way traffic begin again.

While at the game, someone on the microphone, for 30 minutes before the game started, did nothing but praise Lavel Edwards for all of his accomplishments while at BYU and life accomplishments away from BYU. Lavel Edwards was loved and respected by everyone except for maybe the University of Washington that was jealous over his NC.

Going to a game in Bama is a real experience that I have felt nowhere else except for Provo and South Bend.

Ron

There is more than one group to talk about:

1. LDS kids:

Why don’t we get more 4 and 5 Star LDS kids? Because we get less 4 and 5 Star non-LDS kids. And, because of the honor code and grade requirements.

1. Non-LDS kids

Honor Code - sex, alcohol, drugs, language etc.
Past stigma of the Blacks and the Priesthood. Parents still hold this against the Church and BYU is the face of the Church for Black Athletes. It’s better now but still a challenge.
Grades are still a challenge but getting better.

We had the elite coach with Edwards and still didn’t attract 4 and 5 star recruits. Honor Code and grade requirements are the biggest issue.
I agree with elite LDS players want to stick with elite non-LDS players. Honor Code, Grade requirements and Blacks and the Priesthood still keep players away. Not our coaches. Yet, we still beat P-5 teams with more talent.

While I do not doubt that top talent kids want to play for top talent teams, it also helps that the Alabamas, Auburns, Georgias, Clemsons, Ohio States, etc. provides a little moolah under the table. Those and other top teams have more money to give away, under the table and their alums have a lot of money or other goodies to provide under the table. We don’t do that, I guess.

You mean they have women of the evening pick up recruits at the airport and show them a good time. While BYU has Mitt Romney pick them up and buy them cake and milk :upside_down_face:

What ard you telling us here Scott? Are you saying that if we bring in non LDS kids they will be sex violators, alcoholics, drug addicts,
and use profanity? Please explain how black athletes at BYU are a challenge. Should we build a wall around the campus and keep those bad people out? Should we put them in cages if they happen to get inside? or should we limit ourselves as to how much we can listen to FOX News.

It must be getting late where you are. It’s pretty well known why most top athletes won’t come to BYU. Black or White. Too restrictive in their bodies, parts and passions. But, for Blacks, it’s more than that. And you know it. Many still hold a grudge about slavery that ended 150+ years ago. It’s only been 41 years for the priesthood ban to have been lifted. Parents, grandparents still remember and don’t want their kids coming to BYU. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about any of that.

Ugh-how many Africans Americans are on BYU’s current roster-read the stories of parents wanting their kids to come to BYU because of the atmosphere there. Leave it alone-this isn’t the 60’s. You make it sound like every great athlete out there wants sex, drugs, and alcohol. Move forward-BYU is what it is and it appeals to a lot of students and athletes and they may never compete with the Alabama’s and the Ohio States, but they can be a whole lot better than they are now, by eliminating mistakes, blocking better and having a reliable defense

LOL! So, how many athletes at Utah are following the law of Chastity compared to BYU? And how many athletes at Utah smoke dope compared to BYU? Same with Alabama and most other universities? Even Notre Dame and Pepperdine? The Honor Code is huge! And you know it. Wake up and smell the roses. And you don’t think the priesthood issue isn’t an issue ? Uggg…

gh: You are the one that says the same things over and over. P-5 is a myth for BYU.