Washington In-Game Comments

He’d say the same thing. How else would the D player have tackled him? It happens. Not a lot but it happens. Part of football.

Taysom Hill too during his time at BYU? Anyway, lets hope next guyS will step in to move the football and win more games!

I would normally say that once the team falls way behind, it becomes really difficult not to panic and stay within the game plan. Wilson is similar to Hill in that his mobility keeps plays alive, even if he isn’t running. He threw some real laser shots in that game into tight coverage and he threw some balls that were questionable. His only interception was a timing out where his receiver fell down or it was probably a completion. The only bad throw was a lucky td that shouldn’t have been thrown. Multiple drops that should have led to points didn’t help either. This loss, however was on the defense and I’m sure they know it. Ball control by Washington kept the D on the field way too long, but it just killed me to see that qb sit in the pocket, while having lunch, waiting for receivers to break open. Interestingly I watched Washington St jump on UCLA by 35 at half, so I figured it was over since the Bruins aren’t very good, only to see they came back and won, even though WSU still scored plus 60, so I guess you never know in football or life

Right on about the dive tackle. Look what happened to Tyson Williams on that “dive tackle” by a Wash. defender. To me it looked like an intentional tackle to injure Williams with a helmet to the knee. There should be some kind of penalty for that kind of tackle, almost like targeting. At least a 15 yard penlty for unnecessary roughness.

I think anything that is between the top of the knee to the shoulders is fine, I just don’t like “Taking the legs out” dive tackle. Several players have had their careers ended by this type of tackling.

How about wrapping up at the ankles. Or diving at the feet to trip someone up? How about chasing a runner down from behind and trying to trip them from getting to the end zone? There seems to be more ACL injuries on non-contact plays than contact plays.

How about we just do away with tackle football and play with flags. Heck, more people could get involved then too.

Liked all your points, Bod but 3 and 4 hit the mark for me. I would add that Wash’ defensive front line is more of the reason we could not get anything going.
And our drive killing penalties…killers