Well Sports Fans, it's the dog days of summer upon us

There is still baseball, softball, gymnastics, volleyball, track, golf and other things going on. But, waiting another 156 days for football to start is tough. And, it’s silent on Cougarfan as well. From what I’m hearing, BYU will go 10-2 this year in football. Both sides of the ball are much improved giving the coaches much more opportunities to win ballgames.

Is A-Rod still the Offensive coordinator?

Don’t hold your breath.

2 Likes

You will see much more with much more. 10-2

I don’t want to “see more”. I want to do the basics well and win games. That fact was lost on the coaching staff last year and BYU couldn’t even make it to bowl eligible when it was well within their grasp. Cut the fancy stuff and play football…

I like the fancy plays. You will see better running because the line is better and deeper. The defense is stronger and deeper. The QBs are better and deeper. The coaches will be better because they can do more.

Thanks for your analysis Kamala! They will keep on doing what they have been doing and do more of it now than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow because the past is brighter than the future but not so much as it was yesterday.

There will be more diversity on offense, equity among the defenders leading to equal outcomes in the games and more diversity of results than last year. That is because they will do what they have always done and do more of it.

2 Likes

Hilarious! Well done Aro

Why did it take you a word salad of thoughts to attempt to explain what I did in a couple of short sentences? You and Kamala have something in common. :rofl:
I hope you learn something this weekend from the brethren.

Thank you Captain Obvious…

you say all the right things but don’t really deliver.

You should be a politician!

note: an astute fan compared you to Kamala, that was funny.

Yes Mr. Conspiracy.

We have a big beautiful family of fans here. Grasshopper & Hawk, great BYU fans. BYU is going to be so great this year. You won’t believe the winning that is going to occur this season. We are going to make BYU great again. Great, great coaches, except that one guy, what do they call him? Is it A-Rod? I am giving him a new name. We will call him A-Wrong, always calls the wrong plays. He should be locked up. Lock A-Wrong up, lock him up and then BYU will be great again.

1 Like

A simple mind can state the Obvious. It takes an intellectual one to expose what most can’t see nor understand. Thank you for the compliment.

What a Kamala word salad you presented. Congratulations. Any conspiracies for Jim?

Like UFO’s

Hopper - “It’s time for us to be doing what we have been doing and that time is every day”

That is pretty much what you have been saying here in your last few posts. You need to stop plagiarizing your favorite politician.

Well, here is an article I thought was interesting. mostly because I think it was Jim, Fish, Tom or Aro mentioned it before in discussions… GREED in the NCAA

College ‘super league’ has potential if done right | Opinion – Deseret News

I personally don’t think it stops at the NCAA levels; I think GREED is a big part of the NBA as well.

I used to be an ardent fan of the Jazz, I loved Jerry Sloan and his approach to the game. I loved the jazz players that came every day to work and do their best.

When the players would complain about life being hard, Jerry would say “You want a hard life? go work an 8-5 job like most of our fans do, that is hard, not playing basketball”.

Since the new owner took over (Smith) I have watched less and less. First, they ban a fan from ever coming to a jazz game again, because Russell Westbrook “said” they used a racial slur. But on tape, you can heart Westbrook threatening the man’s wife". What does Westbrook get, a small fine.

Then this year, the Jazz was on the cusp being in the playoffs, what does our beloved Danny Ainge do? He trades three of our best players. Why? you ask, because he did not want to give Oklahoma the first-round draft choice due them because of a prior trade they made.

They rest players, they demolished a team, they are not even trying to be competitive.

Jerry Sloan and Larry Miller are rolling in their graves right now, because to them, “No one took a night off!”, “you play to win”, “you don’t worry about the tomorrow’s”.

Jerry would remind the players that fans paid good hard-earned money to “Watch them” play. So, shut up and get out on the court.

I have not watched a single jazz game in two years, and as long as Smith owns the team, I won’t in the future.

Just curious Jim if you saw the end of the UCONN vs Iowa women’s game?

Do you think the last play was a foul?

Do you think the refs were biased?

Here is the reference: Final Four: Controversial foul call mars end of Iowa-UConn (usatoday.com)

My take, it was clearly a foul for the following reasons:

1. The UCONN player was never set before contact.
  2. The UCONN player stepped into the Iowa player and did a hip bump.
  3. Labron James says it wasn’t a foul.

If you slow down the video, you will see what I mean.

It’s an observation that those who yell “greed” about successful people who earn more always earn less. Funny how that always works out that way…
I’m sure Danny Ainge is looking to the future and bring the Jazz forward like he did with the Celtics. Sometimes you just have to clean house and get rid of the stagnant pieces. Must seem to be greed for you. It’s just business to Ainge doing is best he can.

It wasn’t me. I guess I could repeat Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy over and over :grimacing:

Are you serious?

No I did not watch the women’s game. It seems to be more and more popular and I really don’t understand why except that it is promoted by the media more and more and people are like sheep, doing whatever they think other people are doing. It’s terrible.

I told the Hopper that I watched a couple minutes of a women’s game and saw that Clark girl make two terrible passes and a turnover when she couldn’t inbound the ball in 5 seconds. That is all I have watched this year and it was more than I could stand.

As for that foul I would say yes, it was a foul. She stepped out and into the oncoming player and she had her elbow out. Both of those things would constitute a foul. As for bias, I have no idea. I wasn’t watching the game so I can’t comment on that.