Well, that's it for this season

Well, didn’t we a few short years ago make the Sweet 16 too? As a new member of the WCC? Big deal that Utard has some good players this year.

Nope… BYU’s sweet 16 run with Jimmer came the year before they joined the wcc.

Don’t you remember that they throttled Gonzaga in the second round? and I have been saying ever since that is the reason they can’t win the wcc.

The league and their “darling team” will not soon forgive or forget that game.

1 Like

Nope, we were a MWC team with talent outside of utah.

Out it this way, utah has done in 10 years what we have done in 34 years, make 2 sweet 16 appearances. I don’t even want to talk about their run prior to the last 10 years. Just goes to show you, a program that down for the last 10 years, still recruits the talent to make sweet 16 runs, while we keep talking about wait till next year. It’s tough being a cougar fan sometimes.

“It’s tough being a cougar fan sometimes.”

You mean its tough PRETENDING to be a cougar fan sometimes.

There isn’t a whole lot, in the majority of your posts, that would lead anyone to believe that you actually root for BYU and are a fan. I’m not questioning whether you are a BYU fan, just stating that nothing you post indicates you are.

I guess only you know for sure.

It’s because I am a cougar fan, that I expect more from our program. Since turning Indy and joining the WCC we have taken a step back, a step that I am no longer going to support with my $$$. I used to travel from out of state to watch both football and basketball games, no more. I used to contribute as a cougar club member, no more. I have sent my letters and made myself clear, until the direction of the program changes from the top down, my money is staying put.

I have always been able to respect and recognize the other programs close to BYU and don’t feel threatened by that respect. Some fans clearly are not comfortable with that and are not capable of recognizing others accomplishments.

Andrus is the best of the subs. I think he is the best opportunity of current BYU players for improving our inside game.

So, a couple less turnovers and one more made 3 and we may be in the Sweet 16. I’m sure Virginia and a few others upset are saying the same thing?

Sorry, I don’t go along with your analysis of why we aren’t still playing. Oh wait, you mean we aren’t recruiting enough blacks? That’s what you mean by talent? Got it!

Black, yellow, brown, white whatever, just as long as we step out of Utah County or even…gasp the state of Utah we may even find some talent. I know we already have given out all the scholarships for next year, but some of these local legacy kids should pay their own way and open up a spot for some new outside blood to come in. Of course that would require our coaching staff to get on an airplane to recruit, so may not be as easy to get home for dinner each night at 6 for them, so scratch that idea I guess.

To translate your statement, coaches should be going to black kid’s homes all over the country even though they and their parents show no interest. Got it…

That’s exactly what I said, it’s like you read my mind.

Interesting post from last season after the loss to Mississippi in the play in game of the ncaa tournament. Is it okay to say that BYU did not make the field of 64 for the ncaa tourney? because they lost the play in game?

I hate to say it but I don’t see this years’ team doing any better. I think there might be a problem with insanity and inconsistency… doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

This team continues to struggle with doing the same things they do when they lose other games… that is playing selfish basketball. They just can’t seem to get past it, even when the coach has pointed it out to them over and over.

It is the nature of the team. You have Mr. Triple Double who is our point guard. When he is dishing and getting his teammates involved, BYU rarely loses. When he does not, BYU loses.

Isaiah Thomas (who I can’t stand) pointed out to a young Michael Jordon that he would never win a title until he learned to get his teammates involved. Jordon listened.

If I had to guess who the WCC champ will be? I would have to give the nod to SMC. They are rated the #7 best defense nationally, Gonzaga #49, BYU #209. Of course SMC has to play on the road now (they killed LMU 73-48 at LMU) so we will see if they are true road warriors or sheltered wannabees.

I hate to say I told you so about the “wait till next year” mentality so many have, but I told you so. Lazy recruiting has finally caught up with us as I have been saying for years.

2017-then you can say, “told you so”

Another wait till next year, I love it

I think he might be suggesting we wait till the year after next. :unamused:

I am willing to do that.

Next year we go undefeated. Mark my words!
:stuck_out_tongue: