Well, there you go!

It’s interesting that we don’t disagree on very much. You often just state the same thing I already have stated in previous posts like the 2nd interception. You do this all the time. As far as the 1st interception, the hands are on the ball. Catch it.
McDondald, seems like we made adjustments at half time and shut him down. All we did was play more man defense than the zone. Except on the last drive we went back to zone and prevented a win. That’s coaching. And, that’s what you and others complain about, coaching. So we are close on that.
All sports are simple. The KISS principle. Edwards did that and just outscored the opponent’s and he became an all world coach. Figure out how to score touchdowns inside the 5 yardline and in the redzone and Sitaki will be an all world coach too :slight_smile:
The players were saying afterwards what they need most is to be able to execute their body positions and maneuvers much better so they can be in better positions. Especially on defense. That was evident in the game. It looked like our linebackers and DBs were reacting slow and the feet weren’t in position to react to the passes. At least in the first half. Zone D makes players lazy. Does in basketball too.
One last thing. Playing in Hawaii against Hawaii gave Hawaii a 21 point advantage. The replay officials were pathetic as well. And yet we should have still won. Coaches need to make adjustments in the 1st quarter, not the 3rd quarter.
And Merry Christmas!

Sorry Edwards had OCs that brought an innovative offense to the board that was way ahead of it’s time-the reason for BYUs success because they were pretty Bad before that. Woody Hayes brought the KISS principle to football-it was 3 yards and a cloud of dust and it is a relic today-probably thanks to teams like BYU-just ask Bo. And no just because you touch a ball doesn’t mean it should be caught, but receivers do make unbelievable catches at times and Wilson would probably take responsibility for that throw-it wasn’t a good toss-but you are right we aren’t that far off-I just don’t wear my dark blue shades during the night😉

The receivers weren’t the only ones dropping balls that were squarely in their hands (sticky gloves). The drops by the defense were very uncharacteristic. We should have had at least 2 take-a-ways. And the time we ripped the ball away from McDonald, that should have been our ball. Especially in the first half, our DBs and Linebackers looked a step slow and off balanced. Warner in particular. Like they stayed up too late. Again, a definate home advantage.
Have a safe flight home!

Warner has missed too much playing time, but he wasn’t the only slow reacting db -none of them played well

Agreed! They were having too much of a good time in Hawaii. Well, we have a good bunch of players coming back.

In last bowl game against Wester Michicgan Potato Bowl game. Wilson was perfect in his passing game where all those receivers were doing all those amazing catches. Everybody was making a big deal about his perfect passes and very little about those receivers where they deserve more. Yeah, I made a big high five about Wilson but now I wish he would fix his bone headed mistakes.
I still don’t understand why Kalani didn’t put in other qb last night.

Because we were scoring and had 505 total yards. The problem wasn’t moving the ball. The problem was not scoring 3 touchdowns inside the 5 yard line. And the fact we didn’t get one disputed call for us by review officials was a problem. Looked like Wilson broke the line before fumbling.

No it didn’t look like he broke the line and the reason is they had very poor video review that never showed the correct angles to make those determinations which leads me to believe ESPN skimped on the number of :movie_camera: they used. The same is true of the take away fumble. From what I saw they both probably had their hands on the ball when his knee touched, which would mean the offense still retained possession-but again it was poor camera review and initially I thought it was a poor decision by replay. All in all it looked like BYUtv was broadcasting the game and not ESPN-must have been trying to save $$$$

The announcers also felt his arm holding the ball had crossed the line. The only view was blocked by Shumway.
The take away replay shows when McDonald’s knee hit the ground, our player had most of the control meaning control was lost. It was a bad call. So were others. And you’re right about the cameras.

Wilson averages 3 turnovers a game and he is still the starter. He is no different from the Utah game. Same ol 18 year old kid while two better QBs sit…And Gunner Romney does not play, could it be the transfer portal gets 2 extremely good players???

Bring on Basketball. I am so done with this crap

No you are wrong again-the rule states if there is dual possession the offense retains possession. There is no 55/45 or anything else. Not saying the call was correct just saying the video was crappy. Besides it wasn’t a bad call-if anything it was a bad review. The call was a fumble-once again you are lost in space👍

Amen Bro-bring it on-cougar blue new year

It wasn’t duel. McDonald had lost control of the ball when his knee hit. Duel means equal. It wasn’t equal. Now you understand “duel.” You’re welcome.

Trying to rationalize that Wilson moved the ball well. 505 yards. Call the right plays inside the 5 and we win going away.

No apparently not because the video review found indisputable evidence that their was dual control and dual does not mean equal it means two in control so clean the dirt off your quad focals and return to Earth-once again😉

Once again you fail to understand football-execution is fundamental to the success of a football team-but once again I am the only idiot bothering to respond to your inane post so idiot is now out-enjoy talking to yourself😜

Did the review officials tell you this? And in this case, duel means equal. :hugs:

I’m not objecting to your ancient views of 1940 fundamentals. I’m simply stating strategies have to change inside the 5 yard line. We were all saying hand the ball off to Algiers 3 times if necessary.

It’s not duel Einstein-it’s dual and in football terminology it’s simultaneous possession, which if you bothered to read the rules you would understand them better. So how do you discuss anything with anyone who doesn’t know the difference between duel and dual? Don’t bother responding and return to Gaslighting-Merry Xmas