Well we have might have a new guard

For the past 10 years Kobe changed and was a good family man. No angel but stopped his vices. That’s what repentance is. A process.

If you are complaining about the players then leaders like Ainge should be in the forefront of making changes by recruiting players with good character.

Thank you.
Yes the hype I mentioned was not a reflection on Jimmer or his play whatsoever. It was the unrestrained, over-the-top, adulation he received. In many respects the hype surrounding him was the first major stirrings of the now commonplace social media.
He earned his national player of the year award. Rose needed him to play the way he did. The team played well together with lots of talent that went on to significant pro careers outside of the NBA. It was stocked with superior talent led by a coach that started off looking like he was headed for HoF.
If the Kings hadn’t fired Westphal, who started Jimmer pretty early in his rookie season, the Jimmer NBA story would likely have been very different.

Agreed. But why didn’t Ainge pick him up?

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn’t understand very well what you meant originally.

That is a stretch of an assumption. I am hopeful he did but who really knows? Then again, he wasn’t a current NBA player…

The family looked very happy at his last game. He stayed busy doing good things for people. I certainly can’t judge him knowing that.

Jimmer is not an NBA player or one reason. Jimmer plays no defense.

The NBA is a pick and roll game. You bring the ball up the court, swipe off your defender and get the mismatch for either the ball handler or the Pick. Either way, Jimmer, or any other PG in the league gets matched up with bigger/stronger player on the opposing team. Jimmer teams would have to play a Zone defense or get smoked on every single play. Fans won’t play money to watch Zone defense in the NBA.

Back to the tread…BYU is still looking to add a Point to the team.