What about Steve Beo?

In games Beo didn’t play BYU is 2 - 1
In games where Beo played less than 10 min BYU is 3 - 3.

In Games where Beo played 10 or more min BYU is 4 - 0.

I don’t know if it has a direct correlation or not. But it is interesting. Bryant is the point guard. He will take up LJ’s time more than anyone else’s time.

Hopper, I enjoy your opinions, it would just be nice if you could put any facts with them that supported your arguments. Everyone has opinions. Being able to back up your thoughts or opinions with evidence makes it more thought provoking.

4-0 against what teams? That has an impact. Drawing correlations is more complicated than that.

Numbers aren’t facts unless there is a clear cut correlation and what that correlation is. Benchwarmers get more playing time versus weaker teams. Is that why he got 10 minutes and we won 4 games we should have?
I’m not saying he shouldn’t be playing. Right now with the group benchwarming the most, Beo is the better player right now. I agree with that.

The problem here is that thawk is trying to use factual evidence to support a theory that doesn’t need it.

The bigger problem is that grasshopper doesn’t understand what “chemistry” is or how it relates to successful a team is. He is a Kobe Bryant lover and when Kobe and Shaq won nba titles there wasn’t a lot of chemistry there. They found a way to win but it was more talent and willpower than anything else.

Fortunately the college game still requires team basketball to win games. The best evidence for that is last years national champion Villanova. I’ll bet most cougarfans can’t remember the name of any of Villanova’s players. I think there is a guy named Hart… but that is about all I can remember.

Anyhow, it is all about chemistry. That is the biggest reason LP3 was so successful. It is clear that Haws is a smart player who can do a lot of things, but he didn’t need 30+ minutes a game in the pre-league games to get up to speed. He just needed to practice his shooting more, maybe after practice or something. The team is still short on chemistry and it will show as they start league play. Hopefully it will come quickly.

Well, there is a difference shooting in practice and in a game. He apparently shoots very well in practice but not in games. Although it appears that because he’s played many minutes in games he is now shooting much better. You probably should leave things like this to us coaches :wink:
More important than chemistry is intelligence and talent. Shaq and Kobe had that with other intelligent players. Each individual has to understand their position on the team.

and not a single comment on the Villanova national championship! that wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that “st. bonaventure” university never does anything in basketball would it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yoeli Childs mentioned them last summer. Part of his dreaming big was that Villanova did what they did with quality players like him who have a chance to be NBA regulars, not stars by any means. But they stuck together for enough time and work to make it to the top.
Assuming the talent on this team sticks around, and given their current progression it seems likely, the team has the potential to grow into something special.
They are not now special. They’ve proved that amply. But given that the only upper classman now on the team with regular playing time is LJ, and the only upperclassman likely to get more time is Kaufusi, the inexperienced college players will likely get better…who knows what their future really holds.