Where was Nixon?

So… Worthington should be MVP :slight_smile:
Coaches also must balance getting players playing time while still winning. If Dastrup played 30 minutes a game and we ended up 17 - 17 and missing the NIT, then what? Off with Rose’s head?

There is absolutely no indication that would have happened. And frankly, who gives a rip if BYU misses the NIT?

Poor Virginia… well, it doesn’t matter because the ncaa is getting the teams they want moving on to the next round. If the ncaa could have Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky in the final 4 every year they would be happy.

How about where is Rose? Maybe he ought to be missing. I am sick of this third place and one and done business. The odds of two and a half points before the Standford game was perfect. We lose again. I forgot about Nixon getting hurt. Was it against Gonzaga in the Gonzaga Invitational or the St. Maty’s game? To me Nixon is the beat most consistent up front player on the team, including Yoeli.

Maybe its time for Rose to go. Yeah, win 20 some games each year, but win no championships and miss the NCAA three years in a row, I agree, time to get out of the rec league and go back to the MWC or to the AAC in all sports.

I got your message Kay. Those clowns on ESPN did not mention it. Or was Nixon diagnosed after the Zaga game.?

Virginia was ranked #1. So, they wanted them in the final 4. The conspiracy nonsense. They didn’t want Virginia.LOL

Who cares if BYU makes the NCAA or NIT? Anyone with some pride about their school. And not the bad kind of pride either. The fans. The players. The coaches that get paid for doing a good job.
Everyone has challenges in life. It’s not the challenges that matter. It’s whether we can weather the storms and not end up being jaded and suspicious of everyone and everything :frowning:

Totally disagree and if you were more informed you would understand how your comment makes no sense. Virginia was ranked #1 because they beat UNC more than once this season and they lost 2 games all year. They had a great season. There was no conspiracy to have them lose the game but when the possibility became evident during the game, you can bet the ncaa officials were giddy.

Here came the opportunity to hype the “biggest upset in the history of sports ever” and that was commented more than once. Virginia is not a “storied” program like the ones I mentioned. Sure, one of those no name teams makes it every year but that is also what the ncaa hopes for because that keeps interest in the event.

If you don’t think Kentucky, Duke, UNC and the like get favoritism from the officials during ncaa tournament games, you are sorely lacking in vision and the ability to perceive what is going on.

Wait… I just described you to a T. :stuck_out_tongue:

The highest paid coaches/programs bring in the most money. How long do you think the ncaa would make it if those teams weren’t making it to the finals on a consistent basis? They would dry up and blow away. It is the same reason they never get in trouble for all the illegal stuff they are doing in their programs.

Then they always talk about the high character of the “kids” who play for them, like Grayson Allen… LOL! It’s a sham and a scam… Kryzewski, Calipari, Williams, Self… they are all the same. They get the best players, they cheat, they get favoritism, and they bring in lots of money and they get paid lots of money. It’s a scam and a sham.

Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. If nobody says anything, you end up with a situation like you got in Germany in the 1930’s and 40’s. When you perceive evil and deceit, there is a responsibility to stand up against it. Maybe you don’t feel that need and you are content to let evil thrive.

Of course you disagree because I’m right and you can’t handle the truth :grin:

Your reasoning lacks any evidence and just makes accusations against people you’ve never met. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Care to share with us proof?

Again, a ridiculous attempt to equate basketball with Nazi Germany.

a complete failure on your part to understand the comparison.

Wow… look who is in the sweet 16 so far. Kansas, Duke and Kentucky. North Carolina will be there after tomorrow.

You tried to use my analogy method to understand something you are trying to convey. But you simply missed the objective by using a poor analogy that has multiple horrors so much the Church won’t do Temple work for its victims. Second, there was actual proof of what was going on. You have nothing with Basketball. Just assumptions because people are making money you refused to find a way to do likewise.

So? They do have the best coaches. Unless you think Rose is as good as them. They have players who train much harder to have much stronger bodies and simply better talent because the coaches, right? If they are paying players on a large scale like you think the where’s all the proof? Real proof?

Yeah, one of those “Rent a Player” league. Don’t forget Gonzaga is one of them too.

Gonzaga doesn’t have one and done players. And, are they bought and paid for? Jim thinks so. Do you? Is Few crooked too?

I think there is rampant corruption in the NCAA and the FBI investigation has been…enlightening.

That said, I would doubt it if Few was involved in that.

UNC, though? Absolutely.

Maybe we should get a special investigator. Conspiracy theories are rampant with little or no evidence.

Conspiracy theories aside, actual arrests (not just the NCAA kangaroo court) have been made and that was just one agent… I’m guessing he’s not the only one. But maybe I’m wrong.

Well, North Carolina lost today. But I’m sure the forum conspiracy guru Hawks will have a convenient theory on what the powers to be are doing :joy: