Why Hardnett is staying at BYU

Floyd, You and I agree on many things in sports and life. You call me out when I say something wrong or off and I do the same, but I have your back and…it is because you do your research and bring insight or info to the discussion, the real reason why there is a forum.

Go cougs

What “report” or statement did you provide? Are you talking about what coach said in an article or something? Like I said, show me the incident in the St. Mary’s game wherein he actually injured it and I will let it go.

Yeah, that’s right… there isn’t any.

Sorry, I’m not buying your nonsense. You can believe what you want and so can I. I will believe my idea until I see evidence to the contrary. As Hardnett continues to sit game after game, we will continue to hear the story that his “wrist” isn’t healing or he still has some soreness. Wait and see…

It’s the same nonsense you spout, the kind of stuff we hear about Dastrup not being a good practice player or some other drivel/coach speak. It’s total nonsense.

Once again, you expect people to believe some conspiracy theory you can’t prove. Hardnett and Rose say he has an injury between two knuckles. When it happened doesn’t matter. It happened and Rose defended it today while questioning your integrity with your personal attacks. You and others with this pointless conspiracy that serves no one but your own ego.

So now Hardnett has said it as well? Doesn’t matter when it happened? You can say anything you want to, just like the coach can. Listen, you always go on and on about Kobe and his finger hanging by a thread yet he plays through it… blah, blah, blah… So Hardnett supposedly has this extremely painful injury between the knuckles on his hand and it just isn’t getting better so the doctors shut him down… ??? Since when do the doctors (whoever that is) shut a player down? If JH wants to play and says he can, why would they keep him from doing so? I played stinking high school basketball with horrible sprained ankles, taped hands and fingers all the time and nobody was “shutting me down”.

There is no conspiracy so quit calling it that. I just don’t believe the story. Show me when and where he hurt it and I will stop talking about it.

Things have changed in sports. Especially in College and high school. You wouldn’t be able to play with those injuries today…
Rose is not guilty. Your conspiracy bug is losing you credibility.

For the millionth time, I never said anything about a conspiracy. You certainly have an obsession with that term. I am just not believing the story and I think it is being made into much more than it really is, just like the notion that he is leaving the team. I think it is being used to relegate him to a reduced role on the team. I think there is a big push to get Emery back into full activity as a starter and major player. I think that is why Cannon has been starting… brought in as a transfer from Weber St. of all places. I mean that says a lot about where the program is right now, that BYU is taking in transfers from Weber.

Go ahead and attempt to lessen my so called credibility though it won’t matter. In fact, coming from you I think it helps me a lot. I am just fine with the comments I make. I will retract it and admit I was wrong (something you have never done even though it happens all the time).

You see, the ability to admit you are wrong is something that helps a person’s credibility and that is why mine is just fine.

You might want to check about what a conspiracy theory is before saying you aren’t making one up. By the way, you aren’t alone because Rose has read and heard a lot. What he’s saying is there is a lot of fake news or rumormongering. He’s asking people to lay off for Hardnett’s sake. Listen closely to his interviews. He’s always going back to what difficulties Hardnett is going through. Personal ones. Maybe there’s an honor code problem or just something personal and the injury just piled up on him.
As far as Emery, he’s back to stay. He has the rest of this year and next year. Hardnett is graduating and maybe he has indicated to Rose he will do his graduate work elsewhere. So, of course you have to see Emery playing more. Makes sense. He still wants to win so he needs Hardnett. Especially against teams like this week.

Yeah, and speaking of “piling”, isn’t that exactly what Rose did to Jashire in front of his family and friends down in Mississippi? You know, the dressing him down in front of peers, fans, friends, family and everyone else and then letting Emery off with a free pass for doing the same thing?

Go ahead and explain your way out of that one…

I wish we knew more on this incident, not just what someone told someone else about the incident. Actually knowing both sides of the story.

I am not saying it is not true, what I am saying, is based on my experience with this type of stuff, we only have one side of the story based on what someone told someone else what happened. We do not know as far as I know, what motivated Rose to react the way he did.

Again, I am not saying in anyway that what was reported by Chris and Tom is not accurate, however, I do not see anything that presents Rose side of the issue. I hope my point is crystal clear…I am saying anyone is wrong, and what was reported was inaccurate.

One thing I was thinking about on the way to work about the decline of Football and Basketball at BYU is the change that then President Merrill Bateman made with the AD office. Rhondo Fehlberg mentioned that before that time, he was allowed to walk into the President office and talk to him about the sports program. A lot of the future scheduling was done this way. Then President Bateman changed it so that the AD had to go through a Division Head (Fred Skousen). This was done 1996 – 2003.

Since that time It appears to me that BYU has lost some of it’s successful gains…

I am just wondering what others think about this? I think every decision has a consequence, whether it is be good or bad…

What say ye?

One word…INDEPENDENCE.

No conference play for the football team so fans are disconnected after a loss or 2

Playing in HS gyms for the basketball team. who wants to do that? We used to play in the Pit, In San Diego, over in Hawaii…now we get to play in one gym that counts (the kennel) and a bunch of gyms that get maybe 1000 total fans on a good night. Sucks

Just like ND - one lost, just maybe get the invite to some playoff or NY Bowl (before BCS came around).
2 losses - same old, same old nothing to gain.

GU the Kennel AND the famous Dons at War Memorial (sp?) - who was it Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russel? No best lds basketball players wanto play for BYU and play in those h.s. gyms and those lousy embarrassing rec refs.

ahhh yes, the WCC refs. I watched as one of them showed up in the Boise St-Nev game last night, nearly screwed them out of a win in the final seconds but Nev hit a 3 with 4 sec left in the game to seal the win.

No, they are not exclusive to the WCC but they sure make the WCC a joke to watch