Will BYU even get an invite to a P5 league?

SERIOUSLY: Why would a P5 team want BYU in their conference. We are a very poor man’s BSU. We certainly don’t win like BSU, especially in big games. If we keep losing to decent teams in the manner we have for the past several years, we will lose 1/3 to 1/2 of our fans. I have serious concers about whether ESPN will re-up with us. I hate it but the thoughts keep creeping into my mind that BYU FB is somewhere in the top half of G5 teams.

grasshopper, grasshopper, grasshopper you never stop the nonsense.
the evil left vs the pure and good right.
Angel Food cake vs Devils Food cake
Pure as the driven white snow or as evil as black magic
etc. etc. etc.
We are all football fans or we would not be on this site, let’s leave politics out of it.

aro,
Are you and grasshopper related?

aro
“The church would have to be OK with same sex marriage,”

I do not believe that to be true.

I believe that both groups of Members, and of non members, of the LDS Church has their free agency to choose which they believe to be right from wrong. I believe that God will reward each person according to the choices that they make and with the intent while making those choices.

In the past 80 years, tell me which college football teams were forced to play football on Sunday. What are the odds, that this would ever happen to BYU?

The LDS Church was never considered as LGBT Activists. The opposite is true, and perhaps because we did not follow the rule of free agency, this may have indeed been a key factor of keeping us out of the Big 12.

I think that you may be happier cheering for Weber State or perhaps Idaho State than cheering for BYU. I think that you should have your free agency to make that decision.

“We live in a society that calls evil good and good evil.”
This reminds me that one man’s trash, may be another man’s treasure. (visa versa also).

I really believe that you and grasshopper were classmates somewhere at some time or another. Each of you sound the same. No offense intended to either of you.

Because it is part of what is going on. Happens in Hollywood and in sport, a lot! I’d like to separate it from football but the left has made politics about sports.

From the beginning, Man was punished for breaking commandments. Simple ones like don’t eat the fruit. We can’t expect a civil society if there is no punishment. Free agency doesn’t mean no punishment for breaking covenants, commandments, laws and school rules.

grasshopper,

Is it you, or is it God, that rewards a person for the choices they make with their free agency which (He) gave to us?

If it is punishment, (the good book says reward), than is it you, or is it God, that shall issue the punishment for choices made with the free agency which (He) gave to us?

grasshopper,

“From the beginning, Man was punished for breaking commandments.” Simple ones like don’t eat the fruit."

Was (mankind), male and female, punished by mankind, or were they punished by God, when they were driven out of the Gardent of Eden?

The great thing is he gives us the laws and commandments with the blessings and punishments. And he gives us what is required for the blessings and curses in D&C 76. Then, he gives us authority to warn our neighbors. He gives us authority to teach and preach the doctrine and commandments to help our neighbors and minister to them in the spirit of prophecy.

We are god’s in embryo. John 10:34 and Psalms 82:6. So, we are through inspiration to warn, teach and preach to our neighbors. We aren’t supposed to let someone fall into the dirty waters if we can help them by warning, teaching and preaching first. It someone chooses to ignor our inspired warning that’s their choice. Warning, teaching and preaching isn’t judging.

Sr_Bourton,

[quote=“Sr_Burton, post:28, topic:8115”]
This is the thing-when you are not a part of something and want to be-all kinds of conspiracies surface.

Thank you for your post. We are definitely on the same page.
I wish that I was capable of stating my, (our), opinion as well as you.

arkie: Good post. The BYU football program is teetering on the brink of falling apart. The next three games, So. Fla., BSU and Utah Start are pivitol.