Covid 19 and sports

Only when the people decide we have had enough. A sheriff if Florida said if there is any anarchists that try anything there he will deputize all county citizens with guns. That’s what we need in LA, Sacramento and SF.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-study-revealing-covid-19-mutations-weakening

I had thought that the heat of summer would take care of the virus turns out Az exploded for the same reason we have a flu season in the winter…When temps sore over 100, everyone goes inside to get out of the heat. Az and Fl. saw a huge spike once they were all confined indoors.

Anytime some professional out there sticks their head up and says that they see less lethal covid, the CNN’s of the world pop up and social shame them to the point that they take away any credibility that they might have. The end result is a population that has been shamed into silence.

If Biden wins, we will see a miracle. Covid goes away as well a BLM. He we be everyone’s savior. If the silent majority votes, we will see 4 more years of protests

LOL… Right…

As to your other thoughts, my wife is a very strong believer that to stay healthy you need more sunshine and fresh air (not just because of the virus, but every day health).

Can’t argue with her, she is a teacher for almost 3 decades and I can honestly say I can only remember her being sick a handful of times.

It is true the virus is weakening its lethal ways. As it does, it will spread more easily as it is a cold based virus. But, like the flu and colds, it’s dangerous for the older feeble population. And, as Fish says, the more deadly virus in the long term is Biden, Pelosi and Schumer. Marxism is here and it’s up to the members of the Church to protect the Constitution as it is hanging by a thread.

My son is a Wash U grad in nerve regeneration, His spouse is a pediatric epidemiologist, worked on pandemics for the past 5 years. His words, "People are silly to wear face guards outside, unless someone sneezes in your face, you just can’t catch it, but anytime you get around gatherings of people, such as the store, you would be a fool not to wear a face mask.

I have seen people driving alone in a car with a face mask on… Talk about silly!

Yea, we don’t wear them unless we can’t social distance outside (like at a park or whatever). My wife is worried with going back to school, because she is a Elementary dual language teacher and will have a total of 56 kids (half them in the morning, the other half in the afternoon) to deal with.

The science says the virus doesn’t transmit from children to adults. Neither does it transfer from children to children. Although, the virus is weakening which means it will become more like the common cold and transmit more easily but far less lethal. Time to get back to work, open up, and stop being so hypochondriac.

I can totally empathize with teachers, especially if they have poor immune systems. Some folks get wrecked by covid while others just don’t. Have a fishing friend who thought if his father caught it, he would die. 300 plus, Bad heart, blood pressure and lives on fast food…he caught it and has nothing but a runny nose.

Scientists say it’s mutation is weaker but more contagious. The common cold is a covid virus.

My youngest are heading back to school scared to dickens because their mother keeps listening to the teacher’s union reps who keep spouting what I consider nonsense.

Yesterday I was looking at the numbers:
If you discount the people over 60 which means most everybody in the public schools then the Covid event to this point was less deadly than last year’s flu epidemic. Yes I know some of the teachers are older but if a teacher is at risk step aside. On top of that men are dying from the thing at a much higher rate than women, in virtually every country that has solid numbers. So even less chance that our still largely female population of teachers will be at risk…
Yes and all the numbers are skewed by the massive stay at home orders.
Here in Washington state though even the loonies in downtown Seattle haven’t engendered much of a spike in Covid deaths. Most of them of course do not fall in the danger zone of death anyway.

The issue is that my wife is in the age group that has been documented by the CDC, WHO and other organization as the “higher risks” category.

To tell people that if they feel at risk, “Step a side” is a bit of an odd statement. What do you mean by Step aside? If you are telling them to quit, how does that help “their family circumstances”? What if they “Can’t step aside” because it would cause them financial ruin?

Second, in recent studies they have young adult (junior and senior high schools) while it does not affect them as bad as other groups, they do have a higher transfer rate of the virus than young children and other groups.

There lies the problem… Kid comes to school, transfer to virus to the teacher, who comes home and infects their spouse or parent with the virus who are in the vulnerable group (65+, have under lying health issues).

My wife is pretty healthy overall, I think her concern is the fact that a) I have some underlying health issues, and b) we help our kids by watching their kids because of work or school issues.

One last point, you looked at the numbers and considered only the student side of things. You never looked at the data about the educators and administration and their age groups and how it affects them.

Not sure in Washington what the numbers are, but here in Utah, They have estimated that about 60-70% of all teachers/administrators currently working in schools is in the age group of 60+ yrs old. Which as you know, is the near or in the group that is the most vulnerable.

Not sure, what the answer is. But as I told my wife, we prayer about it and follow what the Lord tells what to do. That is the best we can do at this time, because there is so much misinformation out there it hard to determine what is factual and what is false.

Can I ask what part of Washington you live in? My sister lives in Renton (I think that is what it is called) as well as my niece and her family.

Many studies from top universities, CDC and other medical institutions say the transfer from children under 18 to adults is nil. There at least 50 million children being isolated and kept from school. It’s been estimated 40% of those children not eating much are Black children in the cities. How many are being abused? How many are psychology being scared for life? How many adults are dying from suicide over not being able to provide for their families? When do we stop thinking about ourselves? The Congress isn’t stepping in this time. They are squabbling over whose going to be President. Should we add $200 or $600 a week to 20% of the adult populations unemployment? Romney said $400. Something I agreed with him on and rejected because of politics.

We were supposed to have lost 2.5 million from the China Virus by now. We have lost 150,000. Is it because of the shutdown and all the Communist dramatic measures of ordering people to stay in their homes? There’s no proof of it. Other countries did less and are better off than we are. I’m wondering if the virus is affected by our actions at all. Or, is it because as a population we’ve become so out of shape and in poor health it’s affecting more middle aged to older people than it should?

All I know is our children are our future and it’s their turn. Seems cold but we can’t keep doing this to them. You speak of older teachers. I spoke to one of my clients who is 42 with a 5 year old child and she and her husband have been laid off. She was a manager at a restaurant and they don’t have a multi billion dollar union to fight for them. A union that doesn’t care for the children.

Totally agree with you fish. There is so much evidence out there, evidence from highly educated, free thinking voices that say the same thing.

Totally agree Floyd. So why do you think politicians are telling us to stay indoors? Why do you think they close down beaches, parks and other outdoor recreational places where people could enjoy themselves? They want us to live in fear, they want the economy to be ruined, they want to control every aspect of our lives. It’s shameful.

Not one confirmed case of a teacher catching Covid from a student. Not one.

Politicians have already caused financial ruin to many in this country. Do they care? No, they have their ruling class jobs with no threat of losing those jobs. They are essential workers, essential to ruining the rest of our lives.

Another aspect of their agenda to ruin our country is to keep everyone guessing and make random decisions based on nothing really. They are all corrupt, democrat and republican.

Which Republicans are doing what the Democrats are doing? Other than that, you are spot on. Not one piece of evidence suggesting there is transmission from child to adult, not just teachers.

they all do whatever thing they do and it’s not helping our country. While I do believe the left is far worse, I don’t think the right is that far behind. They are all part of the ruling class.

I agree there is corruption. But the Republicans still fight for less restrictions and taxation. They work to put in conservative judges. And Trump isn’t doing corrupt things. But here is the difference.
Democrats are 100% in lockstep with Marxism.
Republicans are all over the place and are not in lockstep.

CDC Director says more deaths from suicide and drug overdoses due to school closures. Other studies show teachers in direct contact with children gain more immunity to the Covid19 virus. Also, the tens of thousands that have died in New Jersey, only one is under the age of 18. The Teacher Unions and Democrats to give a rats a$$ about the children. They care only about one thing, beat Trump. Sick!

Not sure about where you live, but here in Utah our Governor just yesterday advised people to do just that “Go outside, enjoy nature”…

In Utah people have been doing that so well that most of the lakes in the SL area are over fished and now it is hard to catch one. LOL