Covid 19 and sports

Now you see the difference between Red states and Blue states. What Conservatives and Liberals want in the long run. Liberty versus tyranny. There may be a sprinkle of conservatives in the Democrat Party but they all have one purpose, get rid of Donald Trump. Why? Because he’s set back the One New World Order they so want. You can include the Bush’s and Romney’s in with that. It’s the reason why they hate him so much. It’s the reason for the Russian and Ukraine hoax. It’s why we have been attacked by China with biological warefare. The only way they can get back on track is with the collapse of the free market economy Trump has built. Open your eyes! Evil exists in Marxist Tyranny. All you had to do is listen to Obama give a non-eulogy at John Lewis’s funeral to understand what this attack on our Liberty is all about.

What is good for the teacher is good for the student?

Spent too much time teaching to believe such balderdash.

Here are teachers who say they care about their students but when push comes to shove, they only care about themselves and their almighty dollar. One kid under 18 in New Jersey has died from the Coronavirus out of tens of thousands. It’s about the same for the rest of the country. At the same time, the number of deaths from teen suicide and drug overdoses has skyrocketed because of the lockdown and shutdown of schools. Not to forget the huge number of poorer children not eating with 40% of those are Black children. But, like the black on black murders, the black children problem doesn’t count because it’s not a racial issue. And the hypocrisy continues while the GDP contracted to its worst amount since 1921.

Next door is a family whose husband works in one of the busiest Covid dealing hospitals in the state, he has not seen his wife in several months now because of her potential health issues. She is staying at her parents until they can safely proceed…each individual family should be taking the necessary steps to protect themselves.

Hope your underlying health issues do not cause any ill effects from Covid or any other diseases

When did things change from life being not fair to life being fair? Life isn’t fair and there will be changes for the time being in the education world. But, same is true in many parts of the American economy and business world. I spoke to a client of mine and she was a manager at a high end restaurant. She’s not working and has a 5 year old with a stay home husband. But, we can’t lose our young people. Not for school and not in the Gospel. And I fear we are losing in both.

The CDC release yesterday says this instance was different.

What I find most telling is no mention of any hospitalizations let alone deaths. Given the panic that still exists I would fully expect that if there were any the CDC and especially the dozens of news reports, local, national, and international, would have been reporting them.

Send the kids to school as in the old days with measles and mumps and get the herd sick and then after a month or two the old folks who the teachers unions are more concerned about than the students could get back to their profession and the nation would be safer.

Exactly! There are young graduates of education that are substituting because they can’t find a job. Put them in as long term substitute teachers until the older teachers can safely resume teaching. In the 10’s of thousands of deaths in New Jersey only 1 death of anyone under 18. I guarantee way more than one death has occurred from drug overdoses, suicides and physical abuse directly related to the China Virus.

Thank you for your “opinion”, but that is all it is “An Opinion”.

Just curious what “grade level” did you teach?

Because it does make a difference.

Scott, you misunderstand what the Teacher are talking about and about the data.

It is true that not many children have died from the virus. They seem to be able to handle it pretty well.

The issue is that they can spread the virus (Asymptomatic) to adults at a very fast rate. Regardless of what some posters think,

The main reason is that children (not teenagers) do not wash thier hands as well as they should, they do not wear a mask or if they do, it is not very long.
The last thing is that in school (at least in Utah) some districts (like the one my wife for) is not allowing appropriate spacing to reduce the spread.

My wife will be in contact every day with 58 elementary students (two half day classes with 28 each in the class).
The issue she has is that I have underlying health issues, we also take care of our grandson on a weekly basis.

I know the far right do not believe this virus is more dangerous. But our State epidemiologist, This year, the Covid virus has killed 3 times more than the flu has. There is so much information we don’t know about this virus.

I choose to go with science more than political viewpoints,

The line of that article says "Limited data are available about transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), among youths."

Meaning that while the youth may not be affected with it like adults and they seem to handle it better than adults. But since there is not much data being collected about youth because most states do not test children.

The rest of your comments is based on false information, and I prefer to listen to modern science to “old school ways”.

Floyd… you know I live in CA. The most diverse and beautiful state in the US and the worst politically.

You are wrong about what the far right believe about this. We believe that there are other devistating effects from shutdowning the economy including the devistation to the children. Suicides, drug overdoses, abuse and deaths from abuse are way up with children. We believe we have rights under the Constitution that prohibit shutdowns like this. If people don’t want to go into situations they may feel dangerous then stay home. Don’t go into work. Substitute teachers will do the work until there is a vaccine and/or Solutions to the affects of the virus.
There is no evidence from the CDC or any other legitimate medical association that says the virus spreads from children to adults. Yet, you on the far left want to keep spreading that fake fear.

The line of that article says “Limited data are available about transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), among youths.”

Meaning that while the youth may not be affected with it like adults and they seem to handle it better than adults. But since there is not much data being collected about youth because most states do not test children.

The rest of your comments is based on false information, and I prefer to listen to modern science to “old school ways”.

Wasn’t sure, because someone who posts lives in Washington… Didn’t want to assume anything.

No offense, you can have California… “Too many people in one place” :open_mouth:

I am not that big of fan of large crowds of people, I am currently thinking Salt Lake Valley is getting too crowded.

Actually, we would go down to Palmdale/Lancaster area every year to visit my wife’s aunt that lived in the mountains just above Palmdale, named Green Valley.

Floyd, Canyon School Dist a said they will allow students come to school if they have been exposed from someone in their home. But cannot go to any public places like at church stores movie theaters but I can go to school which I don’t get it. My wife is a speech therapist add an elementary school not too far from your home. My wife Healthis a high risk because she has asthma and lousy immune system and work with many kids with disabilities and she fear to go back to work. She is thinking to retire anytime soon and yes she worked for this district for 33 years ; Including Jordan school District.
Why is it OK for kids to go to school or not at public places they are supposed to be quarantine in their home? Or am I confused?

I think if you think it’s okay to quarantine people in their homes by any government your thinking is suspect. I guess you would like living under Communist Chinese type rule as well? We have a Constitution that probitis most of what is going on. It’s one reason during other pandemics the Progressives didn’t have the power to shut down the economy and destroy the Constitution. People today would rather give up their liberty than die for their liberty. Hopefully on November 3rd there are still enough people that believe the Constitution is inspired of God and actually believe in the after earth life.

Yea, I heard the Jordan School district board meeting where the chairman said “We can have all the kids come back to school or social distance, but we can not do both”.

They voted to get all the kids back to school. Go figure…

My wife stays pretty healthy, it is the fact that I have some underlying issues and we take care of our grandson (2 yr old) on a consistent basis.

My heart goes out to your wife. My grandson would probably be one of her students when he gets to school age (delayed speech).

Yea, some decisions boards makes are head scratching at times.

Seriously?

1. You do realize that during the Spanish flu in 1918 the Government shut down businesses, schools, churches, theaters, etc. to stop the spreading of the flu, right?

hmm… what is the difference between the 1918’s and 2020’s. Could it be that the people has polarized to the point that common sense is no longer valued, only political standing points counts?

1. The people (including my grandparents) of that age volunteered to cover their faces with handkerchiefs to do their part to stop the spread. Not today… everyone is worried about their Constitutional rights… Your constitutional right to be stupid does not give you the right to spread the disease to others who are in the high risk category.

2. Second, in prior posts you keep sighting how Covid-19 is no worse than the flu. That the flu has killed more people than Covid-19.
    Here is a comment by the CDC:
    We use mathematical estimates to retroactively measure the burden of each flu season. “The model uses a ratio of deaths-to-hospitalizations in order to estimate the total influenza-associated deaths from the estimated number of influenza-associated hospitalizations,”

Meaning the death count for the flu is an estimation, not an actual number. Covid deaths are actual numbers.
4. You are so brain washed with political dogma that you do not understand common sense medical advice.

You have consistently said the Flu was worse than covid… which it is not, because this is a new virus and at the onset it was not well understood (which is not the case now). This virus according to medical experts is about 5 times as deadly as the flu. That is factual Scott…

Not for children, which is the topic. And, since when is the Constitution not valid?

Thank you Floyd for Telling SG Hopper!!!
My wife work at Willow Canyon Elementary school and she lovea it there. She plan to retire in three years from now.

Not if public school is shut down for good!