Covid 19 and sports

Yes, I made a mistake, but that number is low now…

FYI, found this article which explains exactly why this virus is bad

YOU ALL SHOULD READ THIS:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps.

It has to do with RNA sequencing… I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year… you get immunity two ways…through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals… the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans… then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity… the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now… sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human… once that happens…we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be…

H1N1 was deadly…but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus… it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long…but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person… But here is the scary part… in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity…doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs…

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza… this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater…And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L…which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed…(honestly…I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation…

And let me end by saying…right now it’s hitting older folks harder… but this genome is so slippery…if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks… acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks… and share this to those that just are not catching on. :nerd_face:

This article can be attributed to:

Author
Retha Smith Graham.
Nurse Practitioner

Nurse practitioner. :unamused:
Okay genius. Why then are 80% (and obviously higher) only getting a mild cold or nothing at all? In fact, as of today, only 0.01% of America has tested positive for it and most of them are just showing mild cases. The Spanish Flu (and I’m not a racist) only got to 18% of the entire population.
Time to go back to work…

The last numbers I saw there were 50,000 infected and 600 deaths. That was last night and the numbers are undoubtedly higher today. I am sure many more have it than 50k because a lot of people will never know they had it and won’t get tested. The death rate in the US, considering the known cases is 1.2%, but that doesn’t account for thousands who probably have it and don’t know. The number of deaths is the key statistic as far as I am concerned. I doubt the death rate is 1% in the US at this time. What we don’t know is how it will all pan out.

What is happening in California is people who are still working are going to work sick because they are afraid of being quarantined if they have the C19. This will gain momentum if the government tries to start arresting people. More and more criminals are being let out of jail that have no work and will ramp up crime. More people will become depressed and suicides will go up. President Trump is correct to begin ending this hoax.

Lung eater/killer. That is not good with respiratory problems like my wife has. And her immune system is lousy and she does get sick a lot especially when she is working at an elementary school
My wife and I are doing fine staying in our home. If my wife get this c19 would be a disaster.
Thank you Floyd for researching about this deadly disease. Yesterday my son and I went to Macie’s early morning and purchased TP.
paper

I am hoping the “hoarding” will go down, so we can get back to normal type shopping.

My wife and I are holding our own, I am blessed with a wife that cooks from scratch (she actually enjoys it).

The upside is that I have lost about 10 lbs (mostly because I am aware from work with the treat table). LOL

I know some will mock that the author is only a “Nurse Practitioner”, but having several nurses in my family and ward, I can tell you that they know about things than the doctor’s do. They are the ones on the front lines.

Ask them what I posted. I’d like the answer. I’ve heard the same questions from liberals here in California. We can’t get anyone to answer. What are they hiding?

First, Why the name calling? Are you not the one that blasted other posters for name calling?

Actually Scott according to Dr. Gucci of Trump’s task force, there is a mutation now that the virus is now as bad for those between 20-40. They are looking at the numbers now.

The main issue with this virus is it ability to mutate into yet another strain.

The total cases are only those from State labs and certain private labs, Not all labs are reporting to the CDC. So we really do not know the true numbers right now.

You know it will either get better or worse in the next 2 weeks. Best to isolate as much as possible and be smart. It takes a certain amount of discipline, though and being a narcissist doesn’t help either, as we need to be concerned about others as well as ourselves. The church’s stand is also increasingly to isolate. It lets you know who is really in tune with the spirit😉

As always a very well thought out post, logical and reasonable.

I am concerned, like you, for the same reasons. I just saw that the governor of California is considering a 12 week shutdown and stay at home order. I don’t understand this and my skepticism and cynicism is starting to get involved here. We picked up my youngest son from the airport last night in Santa Barbara and it was a ghost town. The 101 fwy. was virtually empty at 8:30 in the evening. We saw a handful of cars. People are being compelled to become paranoid…

My youngest was in the mexico city MTC for about 5 weeks and is home to self quarantine…

I was talking about the nurses. Anyway, all viruses mutate except this one isn’t and once we get a vaccine it will work.

Open your eyes. The jails are opening their gates and letting criminals out and guess what they are doing since they have no work? They are looting stores in the open because police won’t arrest looters. Anarchy is starting to pick up and will get worse. Trump is right. The country and all states are going to have to get back to a civilized working society or we won’t have one.

At the same time, they are releasing criminals back into the streets where they have no job and will and already are robbing stores. This is right out of Aulinsky’s Book Rules for Radicals. Either create the anarchy or wait for the perfect time to create anarchy.

Lol you sound like a Democrat-are you a cross dresser? Calm down-this is a matter of being responsible with what you are doing, it’s not an advocacy of anyone’s agenda. You are always trying to preach to everyone else-follow what your ecclesiastical leaders are instructing you to do and it will all work out and quit being the drama queen

We are in the last days. If all good people do is not speak up then the anarchy and internal wars will happen now. I’m not going to be part of the do nothing crowd and not speak up. You do know that most of the Democrat Party’s leaders were Aulinsky followers in their youth.

U said it yourself-we are in the last days, which people have been saying for a very long time. Remember when we hit the year 2000 and the end of the Mayan calendar? The only thing we can do is be pro-active in living righteous lives. I never have concerned myself with the covid-19 virus-I just try and be responsible and do all I can not to become infected, because my wife has an auto-immune disease and I don’t want her to get it, and not infect anyone else. People need to do what they need to do to help everyone get through this and if it means staying home and not going out for unnecessary activities-it’s what they need to do for a while. In a short while we need to get back to work and build this country back to greater heights. We need to re-establish our abilities to manufacture goods for the support of our citizens and not rely on Godless nations for our wellbeing. If I have learned anything in life, the answers lie not with the extreme right or the extreme liberal left but somewhere in between and our church leaders can and will direct us there if we will listen

well said.

On the news today…Covid 19 is not mutating. Therefore, it will run its course and that will be the end. most likely, We will have a vaccine by next winter season.

I appreciate the predicament you are in. My wife is in a similar situation with a history of asthma, although since our cats have died, she hasn’t used an inhaler for over a year.
But, I look at the big picture when it comes to death and destruction and the last days. The final days of the last days is up to the people and our decisions. The prophets have always spoken about the destructions in terms of “if the people turn away from God.” Not in well, the final day of the last days is December 12 of 2012 as the Mayan calendar did. Loved the movie.
We can sit around and wish the politicians and people will do the right things at the right times or we can do what we can even if that’s just venting outload about why certain people are doing the things they are doing. Like causing panic about a virus and personally hoarding as if their life is most important.
The death and destruction for our country by continuing to allow our society fall because we aren’t working will be 1,000 times worse than this virus. Yes, if we go back to work say by Easter, maybe more people will die from the C19. It might be me or my wife. But after my conversation with my wayward son who lives like a hermit, the thought of losing his job put him in a deep fear and depression. Multiply that fear by 100 million workers who could lose their jobs and what do you have? Throw in all the mentally disturbed and criminals in jails and mental hospitals that are and have been released and you have total anarchy. The amount of deaths from this will make the possible deaths from the C19 small. Now, who wants this to happen?
There are people in our country that want death and destruction through anarchy and they are pretending to care about people dying from a virus. This is a perfect storm for Radicals like what Saul Aulinsky wrote to his followers who desire communism and power. To force people into their utopian society.
I understand staying close to the Prophet in these days. However, how long will communication continue with him when the Constitution falls? Come follow me and our personal guidance to the Holy Ghost will be paramount until we can get back to Jackson County Missouri. Most of us old farts will stay where we are. The real question is are you ready to give up and let the radicals get their way? Just to save yourself? Not much I can do but to put this information out there and hope enough people will see what’s going on and who is leading the charge to destruction. We as a human race have earned the right to live on the earth with viruses by a billion deaths. And more viruses will come and go. People will die but also gain immunities. There is no natural immunities for a nation that falls into total collapse. Especially the U.S. If we fall so does every other free nation.
Well, that’s my rant. Keeps me moving and looking forward to a victory over the world ending too soon. Will we let our fears of natural destructions push us into the end? The final day can be in 10 years or 100 years. Father is waiting for our free decisions.