Hmm... looks like somebody took the words out of my mouth

I don’t think you will convince Chris to go down this road. He has made efforts in the past to try and “explain” a variety of things to you and it never goes anywhere. You don’t really want to know or understand, you just want to argue and stomp around.

Beo and none of the other subs even look or try to get open for a shot and the few times they are open they pass the ball to Emery or Haws. Its almost as if the Rose has told them to play that way. WYCOWBOY

I knew it :roll_eyes:

I knew it…it’s the Mormon thing :wink:

Nope, I know Reed does a great job of explaining things and I agree with him 95% of the time. In fact, I agree with most of what you, Larimer, Harold and many others write most of the time. Heck, I even agree with grasshopper once in a blue moon. He doesn’t believe thawk because it is gossip. It doesn’t mean it isn’t true, just that it is gossip because it makes the rest of us think less of the players that he is talking about. It could still be true and I tend to think some of it is because I have not read any other explanations that make sense of what I see or what happened. I do recognize the injury issues but those began at the start of the season and the team never looked that much different from one or two games to the next.

I have seen so many different teams this season that there is no logical explanation for it. Inexperience and mission rust would never beat Gonzaga. Talent and skill would never lose to San Diego, Pepperdine and UVU. A unified team would never get worked by St. Mary’s 3 times in one season or give up in as many games as this one did. Honestly though, one of those three actually could happen, by manner of some fluke (good or bad), during the course of a season. The fact that all of those happened in the same season tells me something bigger is going on.

Nothing bigger going on. With this young team it happened. Sometimes it is just unexplainable. No conspiracies. If you want facts here are a couple:

1. Players are physically weak.
  2. Only Emery, Davis and Shaw were on this team last year. Many others were serving the Lord or in high school.
  3. Offense and defense were poorly drawn up and because of weak bodies and inexperience we got beat several times.
    That’s about it. The players like each other and no one is arrogant.

In a recent interview, Mika said he had never enjoyed playing with a team as much as he has enjoyed playing with this group of guys this year. I don’t think there is an issue with dissension among the players. I’d agree there are issues with coaching or at least execution of fundamentals on this team but the players seem to genuinely enjoy playing together.

There are three players leaving for sure from this year’s roster. Colby Leifson (mission), LJ Rose, and Kyle Davis. We lose two guards and a forward. Coming back from missions are Luke Worthington, Dalton Nixon, and Ryan Andrus…all big men. Are we going to have the depth we need at guard? Steven Beo is a question mark. Will he leave on a mission? If he stays next year, can he contribute more? He doesn’t handle the ball very well and did not contribute much on offense. He is not an outstanding defender so what’s his future with the team? The other question mark is Corbin Kaufusi. With all the big men coming back from missions (actually Dalton Nixon is a small forward) will Rose keep a spot on the roster for Corbin. I’d argue that it would be better to try to pick-up a good point guard in case Bryant continues to have issues wit his knee.

Agree with everything

There is no culture problem…

If I were to point out a culture problem, it would be that the team didn’t seem to commit to playing defense. Its a lot more fun to just worry about scoring points. I know Jimmer never worried much about defense but he had Jackson Emery, Charles Abouo and others on that team that could pick up the slack. We dont have that with this team. Everyone needs to develop a defensive mindset. That’s the culture change I want to see.

1 Like

Great post Jim H. Great points about NIck.

I just thought they were trying to play defense but haven’t been properly educated on the collegiate game with their complexity of offenses.
I’m fine with out scoring teams. That’s always my angle :slight_smile:

Did Jim beat up and impose his mind reading baloney about Emery?

Yep, and the more times they say it the more unbelievable it becomes. Why do the players feel the need to keep commenting on how well they get along? I’ll tell you… because when you watch them play, it doesn’t look like it.

I’m not calling them liars or anything, I just don’t believe everyone is being forthright about the situation. They are trying their best to keep it internal and deal with it as a team. Hopefully that alone brings them together…

Then you are calling him a liar. If you read closely, he was asked this in an interview. Why would he change his answer from one interview to another interview if he’s being truthful. Once again, the conspiracy closet liberal comes out :wink:

the answer is because they are asked all the time about it… because the media wants drama…

so are you saying that Mika and others are liarers Jim.

because your comment is basically calling them that.

as I get older the one thing I have realized is that we put our own personal bias in reading what we have think other people (who we do not know personally) are feeling or doing.

don’t remember who posted it, but they went to a practice and said that the team got along great… so I am not sure you can tell anything from a TV set.

Jim can…He is Carnack the Magnificent re-incarnates :slight_smile:
This reminds me of the liberal media and the Russians/Trump bashing. It’s been settled but they keep it going.

Yeah, good ole Trump. I’m sure he holds himself to the highest level of integrity possible… and his family too.

Well, at least he isn’t a liberal… :smirk:

He isn’t with the company. It’s all in the hands of his children. And, how he’s talking to China with respects to North Korea shows his disassociation with the company. But conspiracy theorists can’t be happy someone in the White House finally stands up to the “Swamp” including the world!

That’s your response? How do you live your life in denial all the time?

A “reality check” is long overdue…

And why is the answer always related to conspiracy theories. There is no “conspiracy”. Politicians are out in the open about all of their misdeeds, which is surely a sign of the times. It isn’t even hidden anymore.